Introducing 15tango to Totally Guitars

snipe

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Introduce your name and location here

my name is steve and i live in the great state of louisiana.

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group ), when did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how you ended up here?

i am a beginner to the guitar and wanted to learn to play before i left to iraq, so that i will have something to do on RNR other than sit around and play cards or sleep. I wouldnt mind the sleep though.

What Kind of Guitar do you play, do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

acoustic (jasmine) i enjoy playing the guitar and listening to others play. my father-n-law tryed to teach me a couple things on the guitar but it didnt really stick, so im taking another plan of action.

What is your favourite music to play? to listen too? what kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

i listen to all varieties of music but only know a few basic tabs as of now. i Enjoy listening to country rock alternative blues, im pretty much an all around guy.

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

i want to master the guitar and be able to read and understand tabs chords and play without looking at my fingers!!!

If you would like to share your work a little, job, business, whatever you want to say

I am currently in the united states armed forces

johnrfeeney

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Steve - Welcome to TG! I think you will find this site very rewarding and fun. There are some very experienced members out there who are very helpful. If you ever need anything just ask. Someone out there will have an answer. Thank You for your service to our great nation. Happy Pickin'

- Catfish

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic