Introducing thudfan to Totally Guitars

thudfan

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:33 pm

Introduce your name and location here

My name is Jeff. I live in Shreveport, LA

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group ), when did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how you ended up here?

I'm 51 years old, started playing 3 or 4 years ago. Always wanted to play, but finally started and been lovin it ever since.

What Kind of Guitar do you play, do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

I managed to come across a vintage '62 gretsch 6120 Chet Atkins in mint condition that I play every day, but it never leaves the house. I also have a more modern Gretsch 6120 Brian Setzer.

What is your favourite music to play? to listen too? what kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

I love Brian Setzer, Horton Heat, Billy Gibbons, old blues etc

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

I just wanna learn to make this old guitar sing like it was meant to

If you would like to share your work a little, job, business, whatever you want to say

we'll keep this personal

Anything else you would like to share ?, family, hobbies outside of Guitar you will meet everyone from golfers to Gourmet Chef's to car nuts, and sports folk.. and everyone imbetween: whatever else you may want to add

I'm a throw back to the 80's and still love to go play Racquetball

haoli25

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi Jeff. Welcome to TG, we are glad you decided to join us. If you have any questions or need any help, just ask. Grab a lesson and fire up that Gretsch! Happy playing.

Bill

Lavallee

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi Jeff, saw in another post that you were looking for you way around on the site. Just ask a question on the forum and someone will help you.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic