Introducing vagueness to Totally Guitars

vagueness

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:05 am

Introduce your name and location here

I'm Louise, I work from home in rural Wiltshire (near Stonehenge) as a technical author.

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group ), when did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how you ended up here?

I used to play a lot, when younger (pinao, guitar, flute, some truely awful singing and drumming) and hate that I've lost all my instruments over the years, and kind of sight of the enjoyment I got from music... when I found myself looking up the tunes I used to play on YouTube just so I could sing along I figure it was time I sorted myself out.

I've just (today?!?) bought a guitar, working on the theory that it'll be easier to find space for in our house than a Piano, and less of an outlay than a decent piano would be.

What Kind of Guitar do you play, do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

Erm... I've bought and electro accoustic. I lust after both picking and rythem skills and a voice to sing with... I think I can master the first two, and at least I'm a few miles away from people so the third doesn't matter too much.

What is your favourite music to play? to listen too? what kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

Eclectic, folk rock like Billy Brag, the Levellers, pure folk like Baez, Guthry, Punk, Indie... sorry, bits of everthing are in there.... except souless comercial pop which kind of leaves me cold... Guthrie's songs "that make you feel you are not any good" I guess.

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

Pleasure firstly... confidence... ultimately to be able to entertain others by playing.

If you would like to share your work a little, job, business, whatever you want to say

I own my own ltd company working for construction companies doing their maintenance manuals. It's boring as sin, but better than alternatives... I took English at Cambridge as a mature student, trianed and worked as and English teacher, and am dyslexic. Go figure...

Anything else you would like to share ?, family, hobbies outside of Guitar you will meet everyone from golfers to Gourmet Chef's to car nuts, and sports folk.. and everyone imbetween: whatever else you may want to add

I am the proud keeper (read skivvie for) of two English Mastiff's, work for myself, play WoW and drink waaaay to much.

haoli25

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:02 am

Hi Louise. Welcome to TG. This is a great place to learn and you will find many friendly people here to help you on your way. If you need any help, just ask. When you have a chance, check out some of the Community Groups, or click on 'Recommend A Lesson' and suggest or vote on a song or two. Happy playing.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic