Introducing despondent to Totally Guitars

despondent

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:01 am

Introduce your name and location here

Des
Leicester England

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group ), when did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how you ended up here?

I'm 44, began playing guitar at 21 when I had an accident at work and was off
in the summer ( and it was beautiful that year ). Played in pub rock/blues bands
but gave up, started again after 7yrs with a soul band put together by a work
colleague ( spelling? ) now play in a jazz quartet, looking to improve cos the
people I play with are all very good and I'm dreadful ( and I'm not being modest ).

What Kind of Guitar do you play, do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

I have a Westone pantera x300 power strat ( metallic pink ) with a schloe
Floyd rose ( selling it ). A black Ibanez gem ( selling it ).
An oil slick Jackson dinky.
A Yamaha Apx 6a green burst semi.
A Yamaha ntx700 nylon string, black.
My Mum's Classical.
And a really poor Skylark archtop I bought off ebay which is uplayable.
I want an Esp Sanskrit, the one that looks like it's carved from slate, you know the one Dracula would play. I want a Taylor T5 custom, dark wood,
I played one in a shop, it's sooo sweet and an Eastman Pissano ( I know I
spelt that wrong ).

What is your favourite music to play? to listen too? what kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

I love Rogers and Hart, Cole Porter, Gershwin, Jerome Kerne, Django, Joe Pass.
But really I like anything from Max Bruch to Stevie Ray to Lady Gaga, Flamenco and latin, I love it all, most of all tho ( I dont want learn it tho ) I'm a hard house slut.

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

To build a solo like Wes Montgomery, to build chord melodies.
Improve rhythmic

If you would like to share your work a little, job, business, whatever you want to say

I make Airplane parts for passenger jets, I'm proud of my work, so don't be afraid to fly :o)

Anything else you would like to share ?, family, hobbies outside of Guitar you will meet everyone from golfers to Gourmet Chef's to car nuts, and sports folk.. and everyone imbetween: whatever else you may want to add

I like staying fit and gardening, diy and most of all, family.

RicksPick

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:55 am

Hello Des

Welcome to TG
From fellow Brit in Lincoln

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic