My Last chance

sws626

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 am

Welcome. You've found TG, so you're definitely on the right track now. There's plenty here to get you moving from "can't play" to "love to play". As Chas and others have suggested, dip into some of the lessons and give us a shout if you need any help or encouragement or just want to share another great story. You'll be rocking in no time.

-Stuart

michelew

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:50 pm

What a great intro! If you bring the same creativity to learning and playing you'll be set for that bAnd position. It's just time. Welcome from Sydney, if you really want to learn this time you've come to the right place.

cantplaywontplay

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:56 am

Thank you for all of your good wishes and kind words of encouragement.

I must confess that when I acquired my second guitar, the Antoria, my good friend who was an accomplished guitarist was kind enough to offer me tuition.
He set my guitar with such a low action that it was possible for it to make sounds by just staring at it.
However soon after we began it became obvious that he had a drugs problem, he insists that this was only after he became my tutor, but I find that difficult to believe!
So alas the lessons had to end, his medical team said that that would give him the best chances of recovery
And so for a few weeks I studied alone in my room,I practised Morning Noon and Night . But then another setback, my other good friend who lived next door had to move away, and why I will never know! However this just made me more determined. All of the guitar teachers in my area were” fully booked”, But I did manage to find a student who said he would agree to teach me if I kept him in Beer!,I agreed, but to be honest he was rather Smelly, so much so that in the confines of my small box room, the odour emitting from him was so pungent that it kept setting my Fire alarm off, so what with the smell and the alarm I wasn’t able to learn very much. I did however manage to find another tutor,a very elderly gentleman who said that if I would come to his place, he would teach me, after only three lessons his wife phoned me to say that he’d shot himself, I mean what was going on there?
But now I Have found Neil, I thought lets give him a try, I mean what harm could it do!
Wish me luck.

michelew

Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:45 pm

Good luck!!! Hopefully you've used up all your bad luck.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic