My Last chance

cantplaywontplay

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi, The year is 1965,Every one wants to be in a group (band)so I buy myself a set of drums,I mean how hard can they be to play !, the drums like there previous owner are pretty beat up having both been in a motorway crash. after several months banging away, the only place I'm going fast is across the bedroom floor following the foot drum.
Now fortune smiles on me, I meet lad who has tried and failed to play the electric guitar, Would I like to swap my drums for his guitar ? would I !!,given the chance I would have swapped them for a good broom.
1966 I am now the proud owner of a "Vox Stroller" red & white electric guitar, only problem is I don't have a amp, but I have a Lead and that's a start, so I plug my guitar into the Aux on my Mums stereogram , we have lift off ! it makes nice loud sounds but not music as we know it Jim. But even so my guitar seems to be attracting the Ladies,and to be honest I seem to be having more success there than with the guitar that Always seem to promise but never delivers, unlike the Ladies.
And so my first guitar is lost to the foggy ruins of time
Jump forward thirty years, Time for another attempt, upon sound advice, I purchase a used Antoria (Les Paul)or well played in as my friend says. before giving up I have mastered three chords, that's all you need right !!so it must be the Guitar at fault.
Jump forward to 2010 and I buy a "Crafter Monroe American series" acoustic electric, This is your last chance guitar world, wish me luck.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:18 pm

Nice story Cantplay! Welcome to TG and congrats on a great intro yet. So you're in search of the 4th Chord eh? Well Status Quo never found it and they did all right so good luck and have fun!
Swiss Chris

haoli25

Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:23 pm

Well CANTPLAYWONTPLAY, I think your chances are pretty good this time. If you will put forth a little effort (okay, a LOT of effort), enroll in the TARGET program and follow Neil's instructions, I think you will be amazed at how quickly you will progress. There is also a fantastic group of members here that are more than willing to help you along your way if you get stuck or have any questions. Just browse around the site and you will see what I mean. Glad you decided to join us here and welcome to TG. Happy playing.

Bill

abiliog

Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:36 pm

Hello,
You found TG, that's all the luck you need. Now it's time to learn how to use your guitars. Plenty of songs, lessons and much more around so.... music world is waiting for you.
Abilio

tom18

Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Hi cantplaywontplay,
And welcome to TG from New Jersey. I loved your introduction. In my case it was also around '66. I was given a used 2 octave accordion which I traded up for a cheapo acoustic guitar. Unfortunately I didn't stay with it. I'm back at it and thankfully we have much better resources for guitar students these days, particularly TARGET. I hope you join; you won't regret it.
Tom

MarkM

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:00 pm

Now that is an introduction that I won't forget. Great to have you hear!! As others have said, this site is a wonderful place to learn. Good luck and I hope to see you around here more.

MarkM

BobR

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi Cantplaywontplay,

You're sure to learn, now that you have finally arrived at TG.
Good luck and welcome.

Bob

tovo

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:08 pm

Well the challenge is to change from can'tplay to surecanplay. All the resources are there in Target, the rest is in your hands. There's plenty of help and support along the way as well. All the best hope you rediscover your passion here.

izzyhara

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:41 pm

Great story and intro. Welcome from Colorado, and have a blast !!!

Chasplaya

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:01 am

Certainly one of the better intros for a while, now all you gotta do is check out the Target programme and you'll be rocking in no time.

Good luck, and if you ever need help just sing out on the forum and you'll get loads of advice and assistance.

regards

Chas from New Zealand

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic