Introducing rkolovich to Totally Guitars

rkolovich

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:43 am

Introduce yourself. What is your name and location?

Rick K., Washington, D.C./Baltimore, MD area.

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group). When did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how is it you ended up here?

I bought my first (used) guitar...an big bowl Ovation over 15 years ago. I now own several electric and acoustic electric guitars. I've had a few lessons but never really felt that I was learning anything so I'm mostly self-taught. I found Totally Guitars on Youtube and have been buying Neil's individual lessons for several months. In my experience, this is the best and most accurate on-line source for guitar music.

What Kind of Guitar do you play? Do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically? (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

Schecter Solo 6, Fender Strat, Martin 16 series, Ovation shallow bowl. Line 6 75W amp as well as a Fender 30W Acoustasonic.

What is your favorite music to play? How about to listen to? What kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

I love classic rock but I'm always looking for very accurate transcription of songs that include all parts (including piano) for guitar. As an example, I like Neil's version of Elton John's Madman Across the Water but in his lessons he doesn't provide the transcription for the parts that he plays...mostly chords.

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

I'd like to understand a bit of theory and being able to transpose quickly and accurately.

If you are comfortable share with us your work a little, job, business, whatever you want to say.

I work in healthcare as a nurse consultant to transplant programs and own my own business.

RicksPick

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:38 am

Hi Rick

Welcome to TG

I'm a Rick in health care too
Over the pond though

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic