Introducing tomdammen to Totally Guitars

tomdammen

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:09 am

Introduce yourself. What is your name and location?

Tom Dammen
Little Rock, Arkansas

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group). When did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how is it you ended up here?

57 years old...started playing in my 30's...intermediate / finger style...play mostly the singer-songwriter material from my younger years...currently taking classical lessons with a local teacher...I will learn to read notation!

What Kind of Guitar do you play? Do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically? (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

Taylor XXRS
Gibson LGO
Asturia Classical
Fender Strat
Epiphone Lucille

What is your favorite music to play? How about to listen to? What kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

I want to learn as much about all the different styles as possible. My ultimate goal is to become a Jazz guitarist.

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

Through Totally Guitar I want to learn Classical Gas

If you are comfortable share with us your work a little, job, business, whatever you want to say.

I am in business development for a major national relocation company. I specialize in providing relocation services to hospitals

Anything else you would like to share ? Anything about your family, hobbies outside of Guitar? On the site you will meet everyone from golfers to Gourmet Chef's to car nuts, and sports folk..and everyone in between. Whatever else you may want to add?

My other passions are Martial Arts / 44 years
Cooking
Golf

RicksPick

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:35 am

Hello Tom

Looking forward to your involvement
Giving advice and posting videos, eh?

RicksPick
UK

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic