Introducing seymour26 to Totally Guitars

sws626

Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:00 am

Introduce yourself. What is your name and location?

My name is James Seymour. I currently live and work out of Bangkok, Thailand

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group). When did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how is it you ended up here?

I am an American who has lived and worked in Asia over the last 22 years. I settled in Thailand about 16 years ago. I recently semi-retired. I fiddled with guitar as a teenager. Always wanted to take up guitar more seriously but never gave it the time. Now I have the time!

I know parts of lots of different songs. However, my technique is very unpracticed and therefore everything I play needs lots of improvement. If my fingers ever stop hurting I think I can make a lot of progress.

I found you guys on You Tube!

What Kind of Guitar do you play? Do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically? (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

I have an Ovation, a Yamaha and Ibanez, all acoustics. Eventually I want to pick up an Electric.

I really want to learn a lot of different styles of play and I really want to get my picking working well.

What is your favorite music to play? How about to listen to? What kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

Rock and Blues. I listen to everything from Metal to Classical.

I want to learn many styles. Eventually, I would love to be able to just play what's in my head and heart.

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

I have many, but the ultimate goal is to learn enough about music and guitar techniques that I can play just as if I were speaking. I'll probably die before I ever get close.

If you are comfortable share with us your work a little, job, business, whatever you want to say.

Things are a little dicey here now - politically. I'm hoping all the tourists stay away so prices drop and I can go buy a small resort on the Andaman Sea to operate and generate enough cash flow to take care of my monthly expenses. I spent the last 17 years in senior management working for a large US based computer systems company.

RicksPick

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:49 am

Welcome to TG James

You will fit in nicely
Simular story here too, noodled for years.
Then joined Target, and now wow.

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic