Introducing bohdi to Totally Guitars

johnny_peel69

Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:02 pm

Introduce yourself. What is your name and location?

Hello to all at totallyguitars,
My name is Bodhi and I live in Jupiter, Florida.

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group). When did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how is it you ended up here?

Iv'e been playing for several years but have not been applying myself like I would like. I mostly play along with Cd's and try to figure out the dominant chords and apply leads.

What Kind of Guitar do you play? Do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically? (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

I have a 2000 Gibson ES 355, a 1996 Epiphone Riviera and an Ovation acoustic/electric. I would really like to get a Taylor T5 and an old cherry ES 335 (pre 1968).

What is your favorite music to play? How about to listen to? What kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

I mostly play penatonic blues with passing notes and some arpeggios. I play along with BB, EC, Robin Trower and such. I would like to expand and deepen my style and add more complexity.

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

1. know all the scales on the neck
2. effortless chord changes
3. increase the sublty and application of nice phrasing while playing lead
4. texture, feel, smoothness and flow (speed is overated)

If you are comfortable share with us your work a little, job, business, whatever you want to say.

I am an ocean engineer and primarily design coastalrelated structures such as marinas, jetties and piers.

Anything else you would like to share ? Anything about your family, hobbies outside of Guitar? On the site you will meet everyone from golfers to Gourmet Chef's to car nuts, and sports folk..and everyone in between. Whatever else you may want to add?

I enjoy kiteboarding, diving, motorcycles, fishing, camping, music (blues, jazz, rock and indie). I have three black labs that go everywhere with me. I am involved in animal rights and ecological activities.