Introducing hall to Totally Guitars

hall

Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:00 pm

Introduce yourself. What is your name and location?

Hello, my name is Henry & I'm from North Carolina

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group). When did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how is it you ended up here?

I am in my 50s and began playing guitar at around age 15, self taught. I've played in several bands over the years doing mostly rock & rol, some country & blues as well. I've always considered myself a strong "rhythm guitarist" and not much of a lead or soloist, but lately I've wanted to expand my knowledge in playing some leads which led me to try this site.

What Kind of Guitar do you play? Do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically? (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

I own several gitars ranging from Fender Telecaster to Epiphone acoustic & I enjoy playing them all.

What is your favorite music to play? How about to listen to? What kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

I am a huge Beatles fan, they were my inspiration to get involved musically. I love the older rock stuff (my age is showing now). I'd like to get better at playing solos and riffs.

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

I'd like to become more "fluid" in my playing & be able to improvise better.