Introducing jameshurckes to Totally Guitars

jameshurckes

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:27 am

Introduce yourself. What is your name and location?

Jim Hurckes Saint Charles,il

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group). When did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how is it you ended up here?

56 years old been playing for 46 years off and on. Have more time since i am retired and saw the site on youtube. I have looked at many sites on the internet.

What Kind of Guitar do you play? Do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically? (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

In 6 stings I have two takamine with cool tube electronics, a martin 000c-16rgte, and a taylor. Then I have a breelove 12 string.

What is your favorite music to play? How about to listen to? What kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

I am trying to learn finger picking/ finger style acoustic. i like james taylor, csny both solo and as a group, etc.

If you are comfortable share with us your work a little, job, business, whatever you want to say.

i owned a printing business with a brother. We are basically absentee owners at this point. I have some time left and my finers still work, so why not get back to it.

haoli25

Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:11 am

Welcome James. Glad you decided to join us at TG. This is a really good place to learn or re-learn and sharpen your guitar technique. Neil has the best lessons on the internet and we have a great group of people here that are more than willing to help you if you need it. If you need any help navigating the site or if you have any questions, just ask.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic