"RELIC" NEWBIE

manicmusicman

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:55 am

My name is Bruce and I'm glad to be here. Wow, that sounds a little like AA :-)

48 years young and trying to pick up an old love that I put away about 3 decades ago. Just want to keep up with my kids, but I can tell that's going to be "Interesting" to say the least.

I might be the best-ever "Air Guitarist-While Driving" to hit I-5, so if you see the car swerving I must really be into my groove. Seriously, I would like to learn how to play the stuff I already know in my head. When I was 14 I could pay a lot of the popular music of the day, but I was self taught and never learned how to play music.

Right now, Everlong is on my mind after the recent release of the Foo Fighters Greatest Hits; Foo has an acoustic version on there, which my wife loves. Also, I want to learn how to play The Wedding Song "There is Love" just like the original 12-string version by Paul Stookey. My daughter is 12 and I want to play it at her wedding someday. I hope I have lots and lots of years to practice, but she's pretty cute so I figured I should get after it sooner than later.

Cheers Everyone!

mcfingers

Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:12 pm

Hey Bruce, greetings from the Northern Cali section of I-5. Your story is a familiar one here at TG. Many of us have a desire to rekindle our love with the guitar. I think you'll find this a good place to start.

Cheers,
Steve

tom18

Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:20 pm

Hi Bruce,
And welcome to TG from New Jersey. This site will really help you along on your journey to master the guitar and you meet some interesting folks along the way. Folks on the forum are very helpful and the lessons are great. Consider joining TARGET; it's well worth it.
Tom

hasben

Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:11 pm

Welcome to the best place to be... Fred from Muskogee, Oklahoma.

tovo

Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:37 pm

Hi Bruce, from Australia. Great intro, it's really good to hear what people's goal is and what brought them to TG. I'm a big fan of the Foo Fighters as well. I laughed at your reference to your daughter being cute. Mine is 23 and I remember only too well being simultaneously proud of her good looks and worried about how many boys I would have to show the shotgun! Anyway, I wish you well on your guitar journey here at TG.

haoli25

Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:30 pm

Hi Bruce. Welcome to TG. No sense wasting time, grab a free lesson and get out your guitar. Neill will have you playing in no time. You might also look at one of the sample TARGET lessons, then check the MASTER MENU for all of the songs in the TARGET program. If you get stuck or if you have a question, just ask. We will be only too hapy to help you. Happy playing.

Bill

heyjoe

Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi Bruce

Welcome to TG

I'm a massive Foo's fan.

Good luck learning Everlong, its a great song, if you need any help with it PM me.

Joe

neverfoundthetime

Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Welcome from Switzerland Bruce! Nice intro.... hope you get that song nailed for your daughter.... better go and ask my 12 year old girl what song she wants played at her wedding so I have time to practice.....!

MarkM

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:48 pm

Welcome aboard from NH Bruce. I'm sure you will get all the help you need here to help you realize your goals. This is a wonderful place with great folks.

MarkM

Lavallee

Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:09 am

Hi Bruce welcomme to TG from Canada. Many of us share a similar story so feel free top jump in with questions, help for others and your opinions.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic