Introducing markz to Totally Guitars

TGMatt

Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:12 pm

Introduce yourself. What is your name and location?

Mark - I am travelling everywhere Kolkata, Bangalore, Columbo Sri Lanka, Johor baru Malaysia, Singapore, Canada, USA, Congo Africa

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group). When did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how is it you ended up here?

Late starter at 60 years but making amazing progress. Took up guitaring almost 3 years ago. got most of my material from the internet and from friends by sharing. Found this site just from browsing - looked interesting. Don't like the many question that is being asked and the long answers you are looking for

What Kind of Guitar do you play? Do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically? (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

Acoustic guitar and would like to learn the piano and will very soon.

What is your favorite music to play? How about to listen to? What kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

Old time rock, Elvis, Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, Raggae (Bob Marley, Calypso (Byron Lee, Mighty Sparrow, Merrymen of Barbados, Eddie Grant), Bob Dylan Just too many to mention. Elizabeth Cook and all the other country stars

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

Just to be able to jam, travel the world which I already do most part of the world, meet a lot of different people and share a lot of good times with new and old friends.

If you are comfortable share with us your work a little, job, business, whatever you want to say.

Renewable and Sustainable Energy Consultant

Anything else you would like to share ? Anything about your family, hobbies outside of Guitar? On the site you will meet everyone from golfers to Gourmet Chef's to car nuts, and sports folk..and everyone in between. Whatever else you may want to add?

Scientific invention, playing pool (Billiard and Snooker) and playing or listening to music of all sorts