Long Time Coming

mbleier

Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:15 am

Hi, I'm Mike and I actually have been a target member since it first got up and running but haven't gotten into the forum stuff very much. I'm 31 and picked up the guitar three or so years ago. I took lessons for a while but didn't really mesh too well with my instructor. I found Neil on YouTube and was drawn in I believe by Blackbird. I had done some finger picking stuff but this was one of the first finger pieces that I really knew already.

I have really enjoyed being a target member and watching my playing progress under Neil's fine instruction. I really like the chord melody stuff. I started with some two like Ripple from the Grateful Dead and Neil Young's My My Hey Hey and have progressed to where I am working now on Money by Pink Floyd which I believe is a 5 or 6. I just checked out the Video for the Weight and have everything but the intro nailed and that should come around shortly.

Ohh, I live in New Hampshire near the border with Vermont. I work as an electrician and enjoy many outdoor activities including skiing, mountain and road biking, and rock/ice climbing. While all those activities can be hard to do regularly, playing guitar is something I seem to find time for as it is both relaxing and inspiring. Also, I have just found a couple other people to play with so I am looking forward to learning some of the riffs and lead stuff that I can bring to the group.

Well, I've rambled on long enough.
Take it easy,
Mike

cosmicmechanic

Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:32 am

Hi Mike, it's great that you've taken the time to say hello.
Since you are already in Target, you know what you got yourself into.

To quote the Beatles' Sergeant Pepper: "I have to admit, it's getting better all the time".

See 'ya
Pierre

haoli25

Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:00 am

Hello Mike. Glad you decided to stop ny the Forum. Any tips, tricks, questions, or opinions you may have are always welcome here.

Bill

tovo

Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:00 am

Hi Mike, nice intro. Glad you took the time.

Lavallee

Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:03 am

Hi Mike, it is great that you took the time to introduce yourself. Hope to read you more often.

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:01 am

Hey Mike, nice to have you come out of the woodwork! Sounds like you are making great progress. See you around.

tom18

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:52 am

Hi Mike,
Glad you stepped out of the shadows. As I'm reading this, I'm sitting in my Dad's house not far from you (VT/MA area). Congratulations, it sounds like you've made a lot of progress based on what you've learned here. Keep up the good work. Time for me to make a soggy drive back to NJ. All the best,
Tom

AcousticAl

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:25 am

Hey there, Mike.

Good introduction. Looking forward to more of your posts and participation.

izzyhara

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:39 am

Welcome from Colorado. Great introduction. Hope you won't be a stranger to the forum. We love new friends who share our love of this amazing instrument. Izzy

BobR

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:25 am

Hi Mike,

Since you've been around (so to speak) all along you already know how great this place is.

Welcome from Massachusetts

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic