Introducing patvalle to Totally Guitars

guitarpro2476

Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:57 pm

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group). When did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how is it you ended up here?

56 years old. Have been playing guitar mostly off than on for 40 years. Started in church. Then on base at coffee shops. Then college, gradschool, kid, and job happened. Want to do an open mike night this year, so I wanna learn a couple of fun songs that I like.

What Kind of Guitar do you play? Do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically? (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

Nylon string classical (DiGiorgio from ?Paraguay)

What is your favorite music to play? How about to listen to? What kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

folk/pop. Russian circles, Tool, Middle eastern, African, Colombian beats, Funk. I know mostly folk right now.

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

see above. also to perform with my son once before I die.

If you are comfortable share with us your work a little, job, business, whatever you want to say.

I'm a midwife. Have caught over 3,000 babies. Breast cancer survivor so now it's "game on".

Anything else you would like to share ? Anything about your family, hobbies outside of Guitar? On the site you will meet everyone from golfers to Gourmet Chef's to car nuts, and sports folk..and everyone in between. Whatever else you may want to add?

son is a musician and writes his own music and plays lead guitar since he was 15--third year college now--doesn't know I'm doing this yet