Introducing beachbum to Totally Guitars

dee707

Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:20 pm

Introduce yourself. What is your name and location?

Andy Renfrew, Hythe, South Kent, United Kingdom.

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group). When did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how is it you ended up here?

I'm 39 and have been playing guitar for only a year. I've had a few lessons but work commitments got in the way of sticking with them :-( However I love picking up my guitar from time to time and finding a tab on the web and trying to learn it.

What Kind of Guitar do you play? Do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically? (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

I have a Gibson SG standard, a Fender Strat, and a Cort electro-accoustic, I picked up in a little guitar shop on the Florida Keys last spring and after riding around with it straped to the back of a Harley for a couple of weeks had it shipped back to the UK.

What is your favorite music to play? How about to listen to? What kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

I love rock music, and 80s Heavy Metal. Love Queen, W.A.S.P, Iron Maiden, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, etc, etc. but any music is fine by me and I have a very varied music collection from Metal to Classical!

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

I would love to learn to play a Queen song. Brian May is a god and my life long hero.

Anything else you would like to share ? Anything about your family, hobbies outside of Guitar? On the site you will meet everyone from golfers to Gourmet Chef's to car nuts, and sports folk..and everyone in between. Whatever else you may want to add?

Love skiing, motorbikes and will try just about anything once.