Introducing msolis to Totally Guitars

ncsurfer

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:27 pm

Introduce yourself. What is your name and location?

My name is Jose Manuel Solis

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group). When did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how is it you ended up here?

I am 45 years young and have been trying to learn to play guitar on my own for about 3 years now; a friend of mine asked if I would be interested in joining the church band that was in need of players; so, I decided to purchase a guitar and a book withs some basic lessons and a few songs to start with.
I played witht the band for the last 2 years but now I play for a group of about 20 men that get together for bible study.
I enjoy learning and I practice as much as work and family activities permit.

What Kind of Guitar do you play? Do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically? (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

I own an electric and two acustic guitars; I play rithym and am practicing the major and pentatonic minor scales to be able to do some soloing.

What is your favorite music to play? How about to listen to? What kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

I like slow songs as I find them easier for begginers. I listen to ALL kinds of music ,except rap and eventhough I like heavy metal, I don' like all the other variations of it. I know various rythyms mostly slow ones and a few that use power chords.

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

I simply would like to learn as much as possible with the little time I have to devote to the instrument; there are soooo many very good guitarrist everywhere that I am not looking to impress anyone.however, I would like to learn to solo.

If you are comfortable share with us your work a little, job, business, whatever you want to say.

I am the plant manager for a major manufacturer of percussion instruments located in Valencia California and enoy the work I do.

Anything else you would like to share ? Anything about your family, hobbies outside of Guitar? On the site you will meet everyone from golfers to Gourmet Chef's to car nuts, and sports folk..and everyone in between. Whatever else you may want to add?

I enjoy gardening in my free time as well as swimming and relaxing in the jacuzy. I travel for business to Asia a couple of times a year for business but always take time for a little sightseeing.