Introducing destinationent to Totally Guitars

goldleaf

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:01 pm

Introduce yourself. What is your name and location?

Darlene and I live in shore areas of new jersey.

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group). When did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how is it you ended up here?

I took up guitar at age of 21 and went back to it at 34 I lost some mobility in my wrist so when I went back to it I was not that good I learned all the simple chords strums and notes I am laging behind although I do teach preschool music to children and I teach vocals too. I am really a good vocalist who learned to play guitar and sing with her preschool classes after graduating from college. I broke both of my hand and my left pinky which still has limited mobility. The pinky does move but only the middle tendon. It has not limited me that much lately. I did play piano but the guitar is more easy to carry around. I now do a little karaoke DJ work and am trying to get better to get into playing out again

What Kind of Guitar do you play? Do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically? (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

I now only own a guild acoustic lady finger guitar. when my husband and I separated he broke a lot and took some of my favorite ones that were easy to play.

What is your favorite music to play? How about to listen to? What kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

pop, R and B, but I have really limited myself to playing for the children.would like to learn more about playing rhythm and lead for I want to see where this takes me I have only played mostly solo.

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

learn more form fingered chords and tab I seriously keep skipping since I learned as an adult it is sloppy and can't get into it

If you are comfortable share with us your work a little, job, business, whatever you want to say.

right now I was doing Preschool music, but the economy has hit every program for the schools and I am going to school to get more education for early childhood and then take music for a second field. I do karaoke DJ work in between.

Anything else you would like to share ? Anything about your family, hobbies outside of Guitar? On the site you will meet everyone from golfers to Gourmet Chef's to car nuts, and sports folk..and everyone in between. Whatever else you may want to add?

I have taken several classes in music and recieved a certificate for music learning from Community college but that was in my early 20's I am a music nut love it and wish I could hear it all day long.