Introducing giamaster to Totally Guitars

mrdano

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:07 am

Introduce yourself. What is your name and location?

My name is Jody Petty and I live in Macon Georgia

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group). When did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how is it you ended up here?

I have been playing guitar for about thirty years, my father was a bassist and played with a band called Grinderswitch and worked as Dickey Betts roadie with the Allman Bros. Band for many years. I found this site while searching tabs.
I have played in several bands through the years mostly blues and middle the road rock..nothing notable. Also have recorded some but not in a long while.

What Kind of Guitar do you play? Do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically? (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

My collection is small these days hehe, I play an Epiphone DOT that is my main squeeze, and I have a Breedlove acoustic. I play through a 60w Workhorse amp that allows me to really express with different effects.

What is your favorite music to play? How about to listen to? What kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

I like many different styles and music. I am leaning more towards a acoustic kinda thing these days, but my moods are like the weather.

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

I would really like to broaden my solo abilities.

If you are comfortable share with us your work a little, job, business, whatever you want to say.

I am a registered respiratory therapist for work. I mostly work critical care.

Anything else you would like to share ? Anything about your family, hobbies outside of Guitar? On the site you will meet everyone from golfers to Gourmet Chef's to car nuts, and sports folk..and everyone in between. Whatever else you may want to add?

Like to draw and paint some. Thanks for having me and I look forward to seeing what is here.