Introducing johnd1 to Totally Guitars

terrywatling

Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:08 pm

Introduce yourself. What is your name and location?

John:

I am located in south west Scotland

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group). When did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how is it you ended up here?

I am 73 yrs old and have taken up trying to play, and its my ambition to be able to play, so my family will sit and listen, instead of recommending I take up dominos,or knitting.

What Kind of Guitar do you play? Do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically? (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

I have an acustic steel strings, I though of changing, because the sound in is not very good, but then realised that is down to me, hence the request for Help.

What is your favorite music to play? How about to listen to? What kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

I like country, and blues type of music, I am trying to learn 12 bar blues, at the moment I am practicing changing shords.

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

To be able to pick up the guitar and make it sing

If you are comfortable share with us your work a little, job, business, whatever you want to say.

I have had a varied working life, jack of all trades springs to mind.
Racing stable, plant hire operator. fish and chip proprietor. bar work, etc

Anything else you would like to share ? Anything about your family, hobbies outside of Guitar? On the site you will meet everyone from golfers to Gourmet Chef's to car nuts, and sports folk..and everyone in between. Whatever else you may want to add?

I have 3 grown up children, 2 of,who have given us 9 grandchildren. that is wonderful.
Our eldest Daughter is severely disabled, but really a happy person, she lives at home, with us.