Introducing cyrus_2112 to Totally Guitars

cyrus_2112

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:41 pm

Introduce yourself. What is your name and location?

paul deem, indianapolis, indiana

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group). When did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how is it you ended up here?

age 44, been playing guitar since i was about 13

found the site by browsing was looking for clarification on the second chord used in the song "natures way" by Spirit.

What Kind of Guitar do you play? Do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically? (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

right now just playing a yamaha classical guitar. primary guitar of my life has been the Gibson Les Paul. Just haven't found anything that comes close to matching that trademark sound combined with its playability. Also haven't found anything that inspires me like the Les Paul. There's something about that guitar that brings out the best in me, like no other.

What is your favorite music to play? How about to listen to? What kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

Classic Rock, Classical Guitar (ie Parkening, Bream, Segovia)
Would love to expand my knowledge of Chordal Melody playing and jazz.

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

just to continue to evolve and mature as a player, as well as to enjoy the instrument until the end.