Introducing rlong26 to Totally Guitars

pdostrander

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Introduce yourself. What is your name and location?

Hi my name is Robert Long, living in Portsmouth VA with my wife and 4 kids.

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group). When did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how is it you ended up here?

I'm in the 30ish range and have been meaning to learn guitar for years. I have managed to pick up some parts to some songs but not a full song. I can read music as I was in the bad so many years ago (in school).

What Kind of Guitar do you play? Do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically? (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

I have an acoustic/Electric Crafter six string along with a crate acoustic amp.

What is your favorite music to play? How about to listen to? What kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

I enjoy a wide range of musical interests. I enjoy the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC and more. I also enjoy some folk songs.

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

Make it all the way through a song. I know Black Bird all the way to the turn around. I'm going to finish that song by the middle of may. Thats my short term goal.

If you are comfortable share with us your work a little, job, business, whatever you want to say.

I am the owner and soul employee of Professional Mobile IT Services. I have been in the IT industry for over 6 years and have decided to move in to the area of working working with the small home office and home PC and network users.

Anything else you would like to share ? Anything about your family, hobbies outside of Guitar? On the site you will meet everyone from golfers to Gourmet Chef's to car nuts, and sports folk..and everyone in between. Whatever else you may want to add?

I am active in my churches scouting program as Cub Master.

RicksPick

Sat May 01, 2010 7:21 am

Hi Robert

Welcome
Good intro

RicksPick

rapsidy

Tue May 04, 2010 9:28 am

G day Robert

I m sure you will learn how to finish a song on here no problems and quickly.

it is a great site and members

Brad from OZ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic