Introducing drbob737 to Totally Guitars

mejaymoe

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:15 pm

Introduce yourself. What is your name and location?

Rob. I live in sunny Queensland Australia.

Tell us a little about your story, you can tell us your age if your game but not necessary (or age bracket, we have a truly diverse group). When did you take up guitar? How long have you been playing? What led you to look for lessons or help, how is it you ended up here?

Started learning at 8 years of age. My first gig was when I was 12.Playing bass and guitar over 40 years now
Saved a few years ago and so have been playing bass and electric at Highway Christian Church for over nine year in Ormeau, Qld Australia

What Kind of Guitar do you play? Do you have any others in your stable? Do you lust after anything else specifically? (all of us here have the 'disease' it seems)

Due to playing not for profit I have restricted my hardware to:
Bass: Fender precision '69 modified, Fender Bassman 100 value SF '72 vintage w/ 2 x 12" JBLs, 1 x 15" EV Black Widow
Electric: 2002 Fender Strat USA std modified EMG Dave Gilmours, Fender Twin SF '76 w/ vintage Eminance and Fender Supersonic Line 6 XT Live
Acoustic: Gibson Songbird 2001 6 string Deluxe cut away

What is your favorite music to play? How about to listen to? What kind of playing styles would you like to learn or already know?

All styles, listen to all styles. Just refreshing my scales these days and writing original songs. Honing my skills on all three instruments

If there was one goal you could accomplish in your learning journey what would that be? or maybe you have many?

Writing an excellent song to praise our Lord with

If you are comfortable share with us your work a little, job, business, whatever you want to say.

Yes that is fine. I work in software industry ISV engineering software

Anything else you would like to share ? Anything about your family, hobbies outside of Guitar? On the site you will meet everyone from golfers to Gourmet Chef's to car nuts, and sports folk..and everyone in between. Whatever else you may want to add?

Married two children grown up and married now no grand children and yes I still play even for our youth sometimes. life probably centered around Church these days.

coomba

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:40 am

G'day Rob
Welcome to TG
from another Aussie (there's becoming quite a few of us now)
Mate enjoy yourself here there are some great lessons here.
If you have any questions about the site or the Target section don't hesitate to ask everyone here is very helpful and supportive.
Just get involved and have fun.
Cheers
Scott

PS Go the Blue's :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic