Hello from toad

jbtoad

Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:56 am

Hello kids. I say kids only because I'm sure most of you are younger than me, I'm 63. Well, I've been playing guitar all my life. I was a full time musician for about 4 years and since have become one of those weekend warriors, as far as playing out goes. Didn't start playing guitar until I was 26 as I was a drummer before that. That being said you would think I would be pretty good but I would have to say I'm intermediate at best.
Anyway, having lost my job to a company that decided to go belly up, and not being able to find work for the past year and a half, I guess I'm retired. That brings me to here !! My guitar is not only my friend, but my guardian angel as well. I've decided I would like to put more energy and time into improving my playing, expanding my horizons if you will:) There's something about learning new "things" on the guitar that is just exhilarating, I love it!!!
I've checked out many web sites for learning guitar and feel that this one seems to be the best for content, user friendliness, and oh yes sincerity, and comprehensive in material.
I look forward to the journey ahead and am excited about having found this community of fellow guitar junkies to share with.
I can't believe how well put together this web site is, wow!
Be talking to you all in the future. Take care, be well and play on :)

tom18

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:35 am

Hi Toad,
Welcome to TG from New Jersey. This is indeed a terrific site for guitarists of all levels to progress further. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here and please consider joining the Target program. That's where most of the best content is an it's a bargain at that. Looking forward to hearing more from you.
Tom

dekotaj

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:40 am

Hey Toad,

Hello from Northern Illinois.Good luck on the guitar playing.I'm 52 and I hope to join you in the retirement thing in about 10 years.Don't sound like a bad way to end up.Enjoy the time hear and hope to see you around.

Kevin

BobR

Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:33 am

Hi Toad

You'll be in good company here. It's a great place to be no matter what your level is. Enjoy all it has to offer.

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:05 pm

Welcome JB. Ok if we just call you Daddyo? :-) Hope you have a ball here. This better than work and retirement! Chris

mcfingers

Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:15 pm

Hey, Welcome and I hope you find your time here well spent. It's a great place for everything guitar.

Steve

willem

Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:20 pm

Hello daddyo,lol,welcome from the Netherlands,,were it was very still in the air for a view day's,so you could here us noodle on the strings,,we looking forward to your contribute.
Indeed you saw it very good,this is realy the best site there is,,when you join the target programm then the horizon is very broad,,Neil,,play's a play throug,,a talks in preview,,then a show's his left hand,,right hand,,then he break it down,,and at least we and he play slow along,,,wish you the best on your yourney..

izzyhara

Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:38 pm

Hi Toad. Although there are lots of "kids" on this site, I am not one of them. But a lady never tells her age (58). All levels here - great company, superb learning on Target. You will totally enjoy your retirement here. Welcome from Colorado, and don't be a stranger to the forum. See ya around !! Izzy

sws626

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:21 pm

Hi Toad,

Welcome. I think you've found the right place. Look forward to hearing from you.

-Stuart

tovo

Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi Toad from way down South in Australia. Great intro. I envy you having plenty of time to devote to guitar but of course given you were forced to take early retirement that isn't so great. Glad you have recognised the quality of the site and hope you will get into the target program if possible as the resources there are so much richer.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic