Hi from Ireland

longboarder

Thu May 20, 2010 4:36 pm

Thanks all for the warm welcome and advice. Bigbear I'm from Dublin but my father's family were from Cork - so we're probably related!

jim56

Thu May 20, 2010 5:09 pm

longboarder wrote:
Thanks all for the warm welcome and advice. Bigbear I'm from Dublin but my father's family were from Cork - so we're probably related!
Welcome to the TARGET family longboarder, glad you could join us on our musical journey. We have several things in common like age, beginner and County Cork. My mothers maiden name is also Kelly, and her parents from County Cork, so maybe me and BigBear are cousins. :woohoo: The staff here at TG are the best anywhere on the net and are here to support us. If you have troubles just open a support ticket and they'll be on it like white on rice. You are going to have so much fun learning guitar(or mandolin or keyboards if you choose). Jim

tovo

Thu May 20, 2010 6:37 pm

Longboarder, welcome aboard. Love Ireland as well, Derry was a favourite spot for me along with every pub in Ireland it seemed. I think you need to try and be disciplined and stick with a song long enough to get it down, but it is easy to jump around as there are a lot of new songs all the time. Most people here seem to have several songs on the go at once, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Take it easy mate and again, welcome.

Lavallee

Thu May 20, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi Longboarder, welcome from Montreal Canada, this is guitar paradise here. I visited the Dublin area for golfing a few years ago. Particularly enjoyed Temple Bar :blink:

Marc

dekotaj

Fri May 21, 2010 8:35 am

Welcome longboarder,

Good luck with your playing.Nice to have you with us.

Kevin
Northern Illinois

TGMatt

Fri May 21, 2010 3:19 pm

Gday and welcome to TG

d_dog

Fri May 21, 2010 11:38 pm

Welcome Longboarder. I will agree with others here that say the Acoustic Genius Series is a great place to start. Even all the way from the beginning you'll pick up things that you may not have known. I personally don't think there is anything wrong with jumping around from song to song as well, or in between other fundamental lessons, you're here to have fun, so have fun!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic