Hello from Denmark !!

juliaspace

Thu May 20, 2010 3:13 pm

Hello,
I registered here because I want to learn playing guitar good. I am a beginner, so I never know when I do something wrong or right.
I really regret that I didn't start playing guitar when I was a kid, because I really wanted to. But my parents didn't want to do anything to help me, they just told me that I would not play anyway - they took my chance from the beginning of my childhood even though I always knew that I wanted to spend my life playing guitar, and producing music. It was just something I felt inside my heart, like I bet most of you on this forum do.
And finally at my 18th birthday I bought myself my first electric guitar, and I was learning chords alone, but now I need something more, because I want to go to Music school as beginner, in September.
I have really big dreams related with guitar, so I want to try and learn and then maybe after some time I will know if my heart was right.

I hope you can help me with the first steps towards being a good guitarist.

Greetings from Denmark,
Julia : )

tom18

Thu May 20, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi Julia and welcome to TG from New Jersey. This is a great place to start if you want to learn to play well. There is a considerable amount of free content on the site but if you can swing it, you should seriously consider joining the Target program. That's where all the best stuff is and there's more coming every week. Lot's of luck on your journey,
Tom

Music Junkie

Thu May 20, 2010 3:48 pm

Hey Julia:

Welcome from Ventura, CA!

Glad you found your way here. If you are serious about learning, you certainly came to the right place. Neil's lessons are top notch, and there are plenty of people who love to help out. I would highly recommend joining the Target Program and starting with the genius Series of videos. They are great and hold tons of important info for beginners. Also, ask any questions you may have and make sure to check out the groups!

Jason

michelew

Thu May 20, 2010 4:34 pm

Hi from Sydney Julia. You've come to the right place to learn guitar. I feel like I've improved enormously since joining the Target program last September and have the confidence to tackle most things I'd like to learn at the moment. I started from almost scratch (I played a little as a kid).

If you're not sure about joining Target, or it's a bit of a stretch for you, look at all the free lessons. I think you'll find Neil's teaching is amazing and you'll be on you way to realising your dreams.

Good luck and enjoy the journey.

Michele

coomba

Thu May 20, 2010 5:19 pm

G'day Julia
and welcome to TG, if you want to learn then you in the right place. Lots of us here started playing later in life so don't let that worry you. Although I think most of us also wish we started earlier, only because it's so much fun and Neil and the gang here are so supportive.
Have fun
Cheers
Scott

PS 18's not exactly old either :laugh:

tovo

Thu May 20, 2010 6:32 pm

3 Aussies in a row...that makes a mob. Hi Julia (from Vietnam right now) but usually Australia. Hope you get into Target and start to realise your guitar goals right away.

Say hello to Mary for us.

Lavallee

Thu May 20, 2010 6:51 pm

Hi Julia, glad you joined and welcome from Montreal Canada. This is a great place to learn and as Tom mentioned, if you can take a shot at the Target program you will have the tools you need to progress quickly.

Marc

dekotaj

Fri May 21, 2010 8:32 am

Greetings Julia,

Welcome to T.G.,Hope you find what your looking for.And good luck with your guitar playing.

Kevin
Northern Illinois

BigBear

Fri May 21, 2010 12:48 pm

Julia- Hilsen fra de Forenede Stater! We are glad you found us and I hope you will find this site as valuable to your education as the rest of us have!

Your English, like most Danes I've met, is excellent so I hope you are a frequent visitor to this forum! There is much information and good, helpful people here from around the world.

God held! :cheer:

willem

Fri May 21, 2010 1:17 pm

Julia,, i think you feel right in your heart,,when i read your introduce i felt with you,,when i understand, your about 18 years and want to join the music school for real study to be a pro??,, well follow your heart and go and see that you can fill it with music..

I'm 57 and started 6 years a go,i had some private lesson and stopt and try it on my own and with friends and surching on you tube,,,then i met TG,,was here from the beginning a year ago,,met very nice people from all over the world and help each other,,but the biggest thing is Neil HoGAN our teacher,,well i felt in love with this site becouse it all music from my youth and wish i could play that,,i can advise you to do the same and study also the music from beatles,,Rolling stones,,Neil young,,, when you laern all the music from 1950..60..70 and so on you can play all the music you want and produce,,Neil is a great teacher and you gonna never respite it,,there are a lot of free lessons but when you join target the explain is more into it in all his aspects,,well this was a long replay to you but i wish for my self that i was 18 and discoverd now TG,,,A warm welcome from the Netherlands...

ps I read your other wish and that's very heavy but wish you also with that the best you can get,,,

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic