Hi from Louisiana

guitarbee

Sat May 29, 2010 6:34 am

My name is Ken, and I live in Baton Rouge. I am in my early fifties, and I have been a member of TG for about six months. I have been really enjoying the site since. I have played the guitar on and off since I was a teenager, but only recently have i felt that my playing has progressed. I have started to understand more theory by going through the guitar genious lessons, and i have learned quite a few new songs in the last six months. I have just recently began trying my luck with some of the fingerpicking songs, and i am really enjoying learning them. I also just took the plunge and bought a Taylor guitar.
My goal is to get good enough to join in some jams, and maybe try my hand at an open mic night.

dekotaj

Sat May 29, 2010 7:32 am

HEY KEN,

Welcome to TG and wish you the best with your playing.

Kevin
Northern Illinois

haoli25

Sat May 29, 2010 7:36 am

Hello Ken and welcome to the TG Forum. Early 50's, huh? Well, we won't hold your obvious youth against you. :)
Which model Taylor did you buy? All Taylors are a pleasure to play.
On this side of the site you will find a lot of very helpful members that will be only too happy to help you if you get stuck or have a question.
You can also post one of the new songs you have learned and maybe get a review and a few pointers from Neil.
Your ideas, opinions, and questions are always welcome here.

Bill Image

Lavallee

Sat May 29, 2010 8:18 am

Hi Ken, welcome to the forum from Montreal Canada. Which songs are you working on?

Marc

guitarbee

Sat May 29, 2010 9:31 am

Hey Bill,
I bought a 314ce.
Thanks,
Ken

BigBear

Sat May 29, 2010 11:22 am

Ken- belated greetings from Oregon! Unfortunately, your state has been very prominent in the news the last month. If it isn't wind it's oil!

You fit in perfectly with us "old timers", in our 50's, played since a teenager but never really good, found TARGET and got re-motivated. It seems to be a common theme around here! TARGET helped me find my passion again.

Well, don't be a stranger on the forum and it's great to have you with us! Enjoy the ride!

Cheers! :cheer:

Chasplaya

Sat May 29, 2010 3:29 pm

Welcome to TG and the Forums Ken. Similar story to quite a few folk here, and you are a spring chicken in comparison to a few.

Enjoy your time here mate, tell us what your music tastes are, what songs in particular you like to play etc.. Me i'm a Blues lover , but his site has really widened my repertoire.

see you around

Chas from New Zealand, the unheralded 7th state of Australia lol...

Note : Graphic courtesy of Bill aka haoli25. He spends equally as much time searching for graphics as he does playing guitar lol.

mcfingers

Sat May 29, 2010 5:25 pm

Hey Ken, Welcome to the club. As a Taylor owner myself I feel confident in saying I know you are going to enjoy your new guitar. Cheers, Steve

haoli25

Sat May 29, 2010 6:18 pm

Chasplaya wrote:

Note : Graphic courtesy of Bill aka haoli25. He spends equally as much time searching for graphics as he does playing guitar lol.

You are quite welcome Chas. Actually, my nephew makes them for me and sends them to me. I am far too lazy and untalented to do it. They are free for anyone at TG to use.

Bill

BobR

Sun May 30, 2010 8:55 am

Hi Ken,

Welcome, Enjoy your new guitar and the forum. As I am sure you already know TG is a great place to re hone your guitar skills.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic