I AM LEARNING FOR FUN.

neilo

Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:11 am

I AM 60 VERY SOON I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO LEARN TO PLAY THE GUITAR(ALSO HOW TO USE THIS ELECTRONIC INK).I HAVE TAUGHT MY SELF FOR 9/10 MONTHS.THEN I DROPPED ON THIS SITE,(I HAVE TOLD MANY OTHERS ABOUT NEIL &CO @ T.G.)MOST OF MY HEROES ARE FROM THE 60s THATS 19 NOT 18.ARTISTS LIKE ORBISON,PRESSLEY,PITNEY,PROBY&SHANNON.IF ANYBODY OUT THERE KNOWS THE STRUMMING PATTERN FOR ONLY THE LONELY OR IN DREAMS I WOULD BE HAPPY TO HEAR FROM YOU----Neilo

Lavallee

Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:25 am

Hi Neilo, welcome to TG from Montreal Canada. On the sheet that I have of Only the lonely , it is DUDUDUDU per measure.

By the way the majority of the people on the site share the same heroes as you, so you will be in good company.

I am glad you decided to sign in.

Marc

BigBear

Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:14 am

Neilo- welcome to Totally Guitars from Oregon, USA. You've come the right place. I'm very close to your age as are many of our members.

There is a ton of great free stuff here but if you really want to progress quickly you need to give the TARGET program a try. That's where all the really cool stuff happens.

I joined the first week it started a year ago and it is the single best investment I've ever made in musical education except for buying my guitars. Nothing else has come close.

I've spent thousands, well at least hundreds, on books and videos but I've made more progress here in a year than I have in the last 40 years. I'll bet every TARGET member feels the same way I do.

I hope you enjoy your musical journey and Happy Playin'!!

Cheers! :cheer:

coomba

Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:19 am

Welcome from OZ Neilo
Dido What big Bear just said.
Cheers Scott

AndyT

Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:42 am

There are two things you can do that will help you progress faster than anything. And one of them you can't get anywhere.

1. Practice. This is the only real, solid promise that anyone will ever make you. If you practice on a regular schedule, then you will get better.

2. Knowing what to practice. This is where 90% of guitar players get messed up and one of the main reasons to join the Target program. Neil lays it all out for you. By doing the lessons in order, you don't have to worry about what to practice until you get quite a ways down the road and by then you should be able to figure it out on your own.

The big selling point here is that Neil doesn't just teach you to play songs, he is teaching fundamental techniques that will transfer to everything you play. What you learn here can and should be applied to the songs you want to learn. I'm not great, but I can learn a new song pretty quickly because I use the tools that Neil has taught.

Target is a truly great investment in your guitar playing. Even if your not going pro. And if you are going pro, then it should be right at the top of your list. Not to mention, in the US, the monthly fee is Tax deductible for professional guitarists and guitar teachers!

neilo

Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:44 am

cheers if you know any other info i would be happy to hear it Neilo

willem

Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:39 am

Hello,welcome from the Netherlands,,,we all do it for fun,,and share all your artist to,,when you go to many lessons here then you maybe progress and find out the strummings be your self,,or go throu the lesson,,''the compleat strumming guitarist,,don't know if you can watch that has a free member,, joining Target is such a yourney...and you don't be lonely even has a free member so maybe someone jumping in on your strumming problem..

Yamaha48

Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:49 am

Hello Neilo.
Welcom my friend by Tg.
Im also from the Netherlands,and a friend from Willem.
I play now fore i think 3 years guitar.
Yeh it a lot off fun you can have.
Totally guitars is a good thing to learn a lot,and you can share.
Im a litle bit younger,im 50 but i love the good old days.
greetz Anton

songman52

Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:08 am

Welcome, Neilo, from Texas.
Use the strumming lessons here at TG to learn the basic strums. Once you are comfortable with those you might try variations. Also, if you have any experienced (not necessarily great, just better than you) players that you can get together with, you should be able to pick up things from them. Just don't pick up the bad habits!!

If I weren't stuck in the last century (sorry Matt) and had a webcam or something besides my Kodak Brownie I'd post a video of how I usually strum Only the Lonely. It's kind of a Calypso/Rock cross. Not that I do it best, but it works for me and it might give you some ideas.

Welcome again and I hope you stick around TG to help your progress.

Jerry

neilo

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:49 am

marc thanks for the welcome buddy,can i add youyto my friend list --Neilo

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic