Hi from Tom in Scotland.

tombo1230

Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi everyone at Totally Guitars. What a great place to learn and improve your guitar playing. I've been meaning to introduce myself for a while. I'm Tom, I'm 51, I'm a video editor. I love playing the guitar. I took lessons for two years when I was about 40,fingerstyle and classical. I stopped playing for a few years when my career got in the way, but I picked it back up again about 2 years ago and it gets played more or less everyday. Just back from holiday and actually didn't play it for the two weeks I was in Florida. (The wife insisted) she calls herself the guitar widow. Anyway, it will be well played today that's for sure. I am interested in learning more theory and also improving allover, but especially my strumming which is getting there. Maybe I will pluck up the courage to post a video sometime, that is a great facility. Hope to talk to anyone who cares to converse in the near future. I don't bite :)

Tom N.

tovo

Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:22 pm

Hi Tom from Australia. Nice intro. You will get plenty of support here to help reach your goals. Welcome aboard.

Music Junkie

Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:38 pm

Tom:

Welcome from Southern California. Glad you found your way here. We have quite a nice community here and if you want to learn, you are in the right place.

Great intro, and we are currently thinking of starting a support group for all the guitar widows/widowers out there. If you need to, you can blame it all on Matt, Neil and the rest of the TG gang, cause everyone it's their fault. Especially with the high volume of output lately. We have no time for interference from the wives/husbands on this most serious quest..... :laugh: :laugh:

Jason

Chasplaya

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:04 pm

HI TOm welcome to TG from Chas a Scot in New Zealand. A good decision to join us here (although your wife may disagree lol) Actually my wife has been kinda supportive and states that my playing has improved since joining the site. So get involved in every aspect of the site mate, the forum in particular has a wealth of information some of even good :laugh:

See you around.

Chas

Lavallee

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi Tom, welcome from Montreal Canada. You are right, there is much to learn here. The good thing is you are not limited to songs, but you have all the tools to become a better guitarist, and plenty of people to talk to in the forum.

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:15 pm

Greetings from Switzerland Tom! Man, could we use a video editor here! You are destined for for great friendships here with qualifications like that! Enjoy the party.

tom18

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi Tom,
And welcome from New Jersey. Nice introduction and you've come to the right place for guitar instruction on the web. Incidentally your wife probably isn't the only one feeling like a guitar widow! Enjoy the site and stay in touch.
Tom

tombo1230

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:50 pm

Hi Tom from Australia, cool avatar, someone been playing with photoshop or are you actually Lou Ferigno, the original tv series hulk? lol. Nice talking to you.

tombo1230

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:59 pm

Hi Jason,
thanks for the welcome. Everyone is so friendly here. I suppose that's what you should expect when you get a bunch of like minded people together under the one umbrella, so to speak.

Tom N.

tombo1230

Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:04 pm

Hi Chas,
you're a well travelled Scot. Thanks for the encouragement. Loving this site! Nice to hear you are doing so well. Small steps each day soon add up.

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic