Hi from Tom in Scotland.

willem

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:10 am

Hello Tom

Welcome from the Netherlands,not so far away on the global map,, i hear you here playing,,your wife a guitar widow,,mmmmmm,all of us spend here only a hour a day,,so there is 23 left,,yeay i know it hurting your mind he,,it goes the whole day,,TG,TG,TG,TG,
wish you a very pleasant yourney on this universe with all of us alien..

tom18

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:28 am

tombo1230 wrote:
Hi Tom,
is there an echo in here? New Jersey, that's Bon Jovi country isn't it? My daughter is a huge fan and she's got me into them as well. Well as they say, It's my life! I'm Livin' on a Prayer and Don't wanna miss a thing. B) Sorry Pun Intended. Now there's a title for a song :lol:

Regards,

Tom N.
Tom,
You bet there are a lot of Bon Jovi fans here, although not me particularly. We also have this guy Bruce something or other. My wife once worked for a food bank that Bruce supports and was rewarded with show tickets and back stage passes to one of his concerts. I have to say he's a real treasure. All the best,
Tom
ps One of my friends took care of his garden for a few years. She loved the guy and used to bring flowers to folks that came from his garden.

thereshopeyet

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:16 pm

Thanks

RicksPick

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:57 pm

Hello Tom
Welcome from the south (Lincoln)
Lucky my wife has her hobbies too

Thanks for the laugh along the thread
The big green guy is Tony , :laugh: :cheer: :laugh:

RicksPick

That's

Rick, Tom, Rick

P.S. I'm an Adobe user.

tombo1230

Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi Willem,
nice to hear from you and thanks for the welcome. It is quite amazing how this forum makes our planet a whole lot smaller. Globally we are practically neighbours you are right :lol: Nice talking to you.

Tom.

tombo1230

Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:54 pm

Sorry Tom, of course I forgot about Bruce Willis.....only kidding! :laugh Bruce Frederick Joseph Springsteen is a legend. It's good to hear that guys like that are grounded and willing to give something back. I love to hear stories like that, it renews your faith in humanity with everything that goes on in the world these days that's not so good. More power to Bruce!

Tom N.

tombo1230

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:01 pm

Hi Rick, nice to hear from sunny lincoln. You can get help for your Adobe addiction you know :lol:
I assume you are editing on Adobe. Adobe make great software. I use After Effects and photoshop from Adobe for work purposes, they are just champion.

Tom N.

tombo1230

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:05 pm

Not where I am. It's dry and hot but not sunny. :)

Tom N.

BigBear

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:18 pm

tombo1230 wrote:
Hi BigBear,
I live in a town called Renfrew. It's about 5 minutes from Glasgow Airport between Paisley and Glasgow. I was born in Paisley. I am work based in Glasgow but spend a lot of time in Dumbarton working on a film set. It's a one of a kind in Scotland. Sorry I haven't had time to write anything up in my profile yet. I'm still jet lagged from my holidays. Where abouts have you been in Scotland? and yes it's been warm here for ages, no rain for a change.

Tom N.

Tom- that's fantastic! I bought a beautiful sheepskin leather coat, that I still have, in Dumbarton so I know the area very well. The leather shop is probably still there. I remember the River Clyde and the University. And the four "Ends".

Are you a Celtic or Ranger fan? Or are you a curling fan? Never could undertand that sport!! Although I probably like the Edinburgh area slightly better I was fascinated by Glasgow and the environs. It really seemed to me that Glasgow was the heart and soul of Scotland.

To answewr your question, I've been pretty much everywhere in Scotland except Skye and the Hebrides. Like many Americans I fell in love with the Highlands and the Lochs but there isn't a part of the country I don't truly enjoy. The people, the food (yes, I actually like haggis!) and golf and single malt!

I've golfed at St. Andrews, Turnberry and Gleneagles. Quite an experience for someone used to American golf courses and their manicured greens and fairways. I didn't fall in love with the gorse and thistle!! If a golf ball goes in the gorse, you just leave it there! Amazing stuff!

Well, I could talk about your country all day long but it's great to have another Scotsman to go with Stuart, whyteyj, Carpet, Chas (our Kiwi Scotsman!) and others.

Take care Tom and thanks for the info!!

Cheers! :cheer:

thereshopeyet

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:39 pm

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic