Hello everyone!

dennisg

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:36 am

I am a professional chef that works on private yachts all throughout the Eastern US, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean. I've been playing guitar for close to 4 years now and I was first drawn to the TG site from all of Neil's YouTube videos. I signed up for the TARGET program as soon as it was offered and I have referred to the song lessons often. I am a stickler for learning proper technique, so I love the fact that Neil takes the time to describe these things to you in his lessons.

For some strange reason, I hadn't considered getting involved in this forum until now, but I have been quite involved in some others over the past year or so. I really enjoy sharing ideas, getting feedback, and mentoring people that are just starting out themselves. I love playing guitar and I'm happy to help anyone that I can.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting all of you and sharing ideas along the way!

BobR

Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:30 am

chefrusso,

Yes, Neil does a great job in all the lessons. THe forum is also a great place with very knowledgeable and supportive members.

Welcome from Massachusetts.

Bob

BigBear

Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:40 am

Hey Chef! A long overdue welcome and glad you joined us on the forum! What a fascinating job you have! I'll bet you have some stories to tell!

Well, now that you have introduced yourself don't stay a stranger on the forum. I see you have posted a video so I'm heading over there next!

Again welcome and good luck on your musical journey!

Cheers! :cheer:

BigBear

Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:52 am

Thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to sharing ideas with all of you! I've been a chef most of my life and it's been an adventure even before my journey brought me out on the open water. Working on a boat has allowed me to pursue my other dream in learning how to play guitar. The long hours and days in the restaurant world, made it difficult, if not impossible!

Cheers!

Christian

tom18

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:06 pm

Hi Christian,
And welcome from New Jersey. Glad you've decided to join us on the forum. Please share your advice, questions and if you're interested even a recipe. Hope your work is unaffected by the oil crisis in the Gulf. All the best,
Tom

tovo

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:39 pm

Hey Christian,

Welcome from down in Australia. Nice intro. Glad you have taken a decision to get more active and look forward to interacting with you. As Bear said, sounds like a real interesting job you have. Personally, I struggle with boiling water so I'm sure I could get some tips from you!

Enjoy.

RicksPick

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:58 pm

Welcome Christian
Nice that you have joined this part of the site
Warm geetz from England

RicksPick

willem

Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:03 pm

Welcome from the Netherlands,,well a better introduce then this and a vid from ''blackbird'' Neils way i can not imagine,,wish you much pleaser in learning songs and great technics and stew the bleus man..Willem...

haoli25

Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:20 pm

Hello and welcome Chef Russo. Glad you decided to join us here in the Forum. What a terrible job you have. It must be pure HELL to be trapped on a yacht for long periods of time. :)
Your tips, tricks, questions, and opinions are always welcome here. Now that you have broken the ice, don't be a stranger.

Bill

michelew

Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:28 pm

Hi from Sydney. It's great that you've taken the plunge into the forum and joined the posters. I look forward to seeing heaps more from you. Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic