Greeting from the Middle of the Midwest...

lueders

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:02 am

This about the third time I've tried this Meet& Business...think I'm finally in the
right spot. (Thanks again Willem.)

I'm Cori, 33, a K-12 Art teacher and wanna be folkie,coffee shop songwriter-type.
I have a wife an old pick-up truck and a mangy cat.
(She's for sale if anyone is interested...the cat, not the wife.)
I am currently OBSESSED with this site. I am the guy that requests about six obscure
tunes/per day that no one has even heard of.
Because of this site I am even more of an
insomniac than I was before.

I been playing long enough to pick up bad some habits.
I think this site will go a long way in helping me to achieve more musical depth.

Cori
Central Illinois

michelew

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:24 am

Hi from Sydney Corl. Yep this site will change your concept of time. But before you know it you'll be playing better than you thought you'd be able to in such a short period of time. It's easy to get obsessed. Just remember to post videos so that we can see how you're going and what you're working on. And don't forget to post your ideas and questions on the forum, where we all learn from each other, compare tastes and have a laugh.

See you around the site.

Michele

dekotaj

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:42 am

Welcome Cori,

Good luck getting rid of her(the cat not the wife)lol.Sounds like a very tough job.Teaching, not getting rid of the cat.(A folkie,coffee shop songwriter-type)Yes,you should fit right in here.Good luck with your guitar playing and we'll see ya around the site.

Kevin
Northern Illinois

haoli25

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:37 am

Hello Cori. Glad you decided to join us. We will help you alleviate your need for sleep altogether! :) Your tips, tricks, questions, and opinions are always welcome here. Let us hear from you.

By the way, what's the going rate for a mangy cat?

Bill Image

willem

Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:38 am

Cori,glad i could help,well we met,,i did''nt know about your obsesses,the most of us here are not,,well not that i know,lol..have a good yourney,,and yes you gonna be where you fighting for..i don't want your cat...

RicksPick

Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:11 pm

Hello again Cori

Good to see you jumping in

RicksPick

By the way, what's the going rate for a mangy cat?

Answer: Straight swop for a Taylor!!

:cheer: :laugh: :silly: :lol: :woohoo: :kiss:

BobR

Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:33 pm

Hi Cori,

Welcome from Massachusetts. You've come to the right place so enjoy all it has to offer. I see you've posted a video which I am off to view.

Bob

Lavallee

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:16 pm

Cori, welcome from Montreal Canada. With people from around the world, you will always find someone to share the insomnia talking about guitar. If you want to have all the tricks to correct those bad habits, maybe you should consider to join target, Neil explains everything on how to do things properly.

Marc

Chasplaya

Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:24 am

Hi Cori, You have certainly come to the right place Insomniacs Anon. oops I mean TG... This site is addictive as many of us can testify to; but in a good way, so much to learn so many friends to make , never enough hours in the day.

Don't be a stranger to the forums this is where a heap of stuff happens. And sorry don't need a cat, ask Bigbear he might swap a mangy Taylor for it, I hear he hates taylors :laugh:

BigBear

Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:38 am

Cori- Big welcome from the Left Coast in Oregon, somehwere between Dennis and Neil!

I'm glad you clarified it was your cat that was for sale and not your wife! I'd sell my wife cheap for anyone who needs more stress in their life! rofl! My 16th anniversary is next week. God, what was I thinking?

It's easy to get hooked on this site. I think we've all done it. And you are correct that I've never heard of even one of the songs you suggested! Makes me think I'm getting old or something! But you're around kids all day so you probably are bombarded by their music.

well, let us know if we can ever help you out with anything and don't be a stranger on the forum. I'm glad you found us!

Happy playin'! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic