Im a new guy and I feel kinda burned

bilgewater

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:41 am

Hey kids
I'm new, but that's not what this post is about. I was trying to learn Graham Nash's "Chicago" when I stumbled across the link to this... place. It said learn Graham Nash's "Chicago" but nowhere is that song listed for the free lessons I was looking for. So I guess what I am asking is ...can I still get the free lessons to learn that song?

BigBear

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:14 am

bilgewater wrote:
Hey kids
I'm new, but that's not what this post is about. I was trying to learn Graham Nash's "Chicago" when I stumbled across the link to this... place. It said learn Graham Nash's "Chicago" but nowhere is that song listed for the free lessons I was looking for. So I guess what I am asking is ...can I still get the free lessons to learn that song?
Hi there! Where and when did you see Chicago posted as a lesson? I've been on this site since the beginning and I've never once seen that song anywhere, including several "Suggest a Song" votes.

One thing you may not realize, and this may impact how you feel about this site, is we aren't about picking and learning songs. This isn't a song repository or tab site. This site is all about learning to play the guitar and using some really cool songs to do it.

Chicago is a really cool song but as a free member, your chances of getting it picked up for a song study are almost zero. The list of requested songs is enormous and priority has to be given to the TARGET members who financially support the site.

If your interest is in learning and getting better, the TARGET program is absolutely the best resource on the internet. We have seen all the learning sites, both pay-for-play and free and there is nothing like this program. It is extremely cost-effective and they make it very easy to get out if you don't like what you are getting. But even paying members have no guaranty of getting their favorite song(s) made into studies. Just want to make that clear.

I'm sorry you feel "burned" but it seems hard to be burned when you haven't paid anything? Would "disappointed" be a better, and less offensive adjective? This is a great site, with an incredible amount of useful infomation. I hope you will consider joining.

Best wishes on your musical journey! :cheer:

longboarder

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:30 am

I would absolutely concur with Big Bear. I found this site only a couple of months ago while looking for Niel Young's Harvest Moon. Harvest Moon is here but I am only now getting to it as I have been spending my time on other lessons. I have progressed far more here in the past two months than I have in the previous years.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:16 pm

...ain't no one gotten burned on this site yet... and it ain't gonna happen!

mattroutley

Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:20 am

i burned myself on the oven this morning!

Chasplaya

Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:33 am

I'm with Bear here, never seen this song on TG or You Tube, maybe missed something, enlighten me please. But poor choice of words for a first post. You need to really check out whats on offer here and I am sure you will feel less agrieved, also maybe gain an understanding of what TG is about. Hopefully you do and come back and give us an update on your thoughts.

willem

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:45 am

mattroutley wrote:
i burned myself on the oven this morning!
Matt you are someone,i had a laugh,,did you hear me..

That's not only why i want to say something,, i knew Matt was a way for while and came back and not for to burn him self..this site is the greatest thing happen on acoustic guitar playing ever happen and we all get burned,but then on all the great lessons,,free and in the Target program...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic