Hey ya! Names Charlie, 5 years of playen guitar, havent gotten any better. Help would be handy =)

tetrisdragon

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:58 am

Hey!
Been playen guitar for 5 years now...
No joke, I havent gotten any better since the 1st year.
I picked it up really quick and it was natural to me, BUT after a few months I couldnt get any better and after 5 years i still suck.

I love acoustic and the finger picken stuff and id love to learn to do the tapping thing, (how ya kinda play drums on the guitar - not sure wat its called so i hope you catch my drift)

Picks annoy me cuz I can never keep hold of them, they always twist round or fall on the floor.

Tips and shiz would be awesome. Thanx =)

willem

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:52 am

Welcome come from the Netherlands,,,you have found a very exclusief site,,its al about acoustic,,you find many free lessons(also fingerpickin),,but the TARGET program is the real place to be(so detailed),,okay it cost some but you get some.. for example we hvan a lesson ''more then word'' Exstreme with some percussion in it,to get started with some drumming you ant to add, I'm a student also from the beginning this site started and have it seen growing in lessons and community(this is so supporting in help and encoursing),,so goodluck on your yourney,

Lavallee

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:52 am

Welcome from Montreal Canada, glad you found us. You can get a lot of help in the forum and from the free lessons, but as Willem mentioned above all the tricks are in the Target program (including holding a pick :) )

Looking forward to read you in the forum

Marc

sws626

Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:00 am

Welcome Charlie. You've come to the right place. You'll find that a lot of us were in a similar position not so long ago. I've made more progress in the last six months since joining TG than I had in many years previously.

I hear what you're saying about the picks. Working on that myself now. Hunt around the forum and you'll find a couple of threads on how to make them more "sticky".

-Stuart

BobR

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:28 am

Hi Charlie,
You've found the best place to be to learn and improve your guitar skills.

Welcome,
Bob

michelew

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Charlie. Hi from Sydney. If you want to progress as a guitarist in all sorts of ways, then this IS the place to be. I echo what those above have said about Target. Have fun Michele

RicksPick

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:05 pm

Hi Charlie
Same story here, even the same style (FP)
RicksPick cos I am the pick
Played for 15 years but never progressed after the first 6 months
Just kept repeating the same 6 months
People say "Target this Target that....
All I can say is it gave me the tools and inspiration
Now my wife will even turn the soaps off just to listen
If your determined to improve drastically (if your dedicated enough to practice)
Do yourself a favor, and all for the price of a magazine or two
We can't all be wrong
And if you don't we will still encourage you/help you

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic