Hi TG!

neljade

Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:16 am

G'day!! I would like to introduce myself! My names Nel, Im from Australia but am living in Canada right now.......am so stoked to finally be learning guitar, I went and bought a brand new one and borrowed some 'guitar for beginners' books! I have taught myself a few songs as basically as I think they can possibly be played! Let her cry-Hootie, One that got away-Pink, easy songs like that! I think I have gotten as far as I can without needing someone else's help.......so here I am!!! Im excited to meet people who are in the same boat as me, and am REALLY looking forward to learning more on my guitar!! Cheers! :cheer:

Chasplaya

Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:23 am

G'Day Nel, Chas from NZ here howz it goin mate. Good choice to come to this site , its the best. loads of free stuff and great teacher in Neil. Mind you the cream is in the TARGET programme so be sure to check out some of the Target sample lessons. Also for a beginner the Acoustic Genius series of lessons is a must do. This is a real friendly place loads of like minded people all willing to help out where and when they can.
Look forward to seeing you around the site cheers

Chas

BigBear

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:17 am

Hi Nel! Big welcome from Oregon on the West coast of the USA! It's great to have another "newbie" from the land of Down Under! We have some really great members from Oz and I'm sure they will welcome you too!

If you are new to the guitar and really interested in learning this wonderful instrument may I suggest giving the TARGET program a try? It's dirt cheap and has so much great info for any level of guitarist. I really wish it had been available when I was first learning long ago. Instead, I had to learn Mary Had a Litlle Lamb and other popular songs! Not!

The best thing about this site is all the great people who are enthusiastic and supportive. Whatever challenges you face- we've already been there and are happy to help. Just let us know what you need. And trust me, you will face many challenges! It's just part of the fun.

So good luck on your musical journey and don't be a stranger on the forum. It's where all the action takes place.

Cheers! :cheer:

tovo

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:27 am

G'day Nel, welcome from Adelaide. Am I right to assume you are from Perth or somewhere else in WA? Hope you're enjoying Canada, beautiful place. Bear is right, you should check out the Target program which has some awesome teaching resources. Sure there is plenty of free content to try, but Target is brilliant.

Probably the best thing about this site though is the support you will get from other members in terms of supporting you as you learn. You won't ever get put down here, just encouraged. That's brilliant and very unique.

Welcome and enjoy. If you get into Target, be sure to join the TG Australia group.

michelew

Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:04 am

Nel a big Hi from Sydney. Isn't that funny you go all the way the Canada and a couple of Aussie and a Kiwi are 3 or the first 4 people that say hi. You've really come to the right place to supercharged your learning and to help you become a great guitarist. Neil is a teaching guru and there's more stuff on this site to help you on your way than you'll really have time to make the most of. There's heaps of free stuff, but give Target a go even if you just check it out for a month.

I'm looking forward to learning more about you and to hearing your first post. .

Catch ya later.

Michele

Lavallee

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:02 am

Nej, welcome to TG from Montreal. Glad you found the site.As the others have said you will find plenty of help here. Just ask questions and someone will be happy to answer.
Where about are you in Canada?

Marc

Music Junkie

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:23 am

Hey Nel!

Welcome from Ventura in sunny Southern California (well, usually sunny - June gloom is here right now... :( )

Everyone has already mentioned what a great site this is and many reasons why. I'll just reiterate that the Target Program is top notch and really gives you access to some amazing learning tools. Well worth the small fee. Also make sure you drop by and check out some of the groups. Lots of good stuff there as well. In the mean time, feel free to ask any questions you might have (the only dumb questions are the ones you don't ask... :laugh: ). There are PLENTY of helpful members around and there is always good advice to be had.

Cheers, and glad you found us!

Jason

dekotaj

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:46 am

Welcome Nel,

Best of luck with your playing and look forward to see you around.

Kevin
Northern Illinois(USA)

BobR

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi Nel,

As I am sure you can tell from the responses this is a great place to be if you're interested in learning the guitar and having fun.

Welcome from Massachusetts.

Bob

sws626

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:30 pm

Hi Nel,

Welcome from the UK. Congratulations on picking up the guitar. You'll find a lot of great material here. Neil is a wonderful teacher and the community can give you the kind of immediate feedback you just can't get from books.

-Stuart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic