Hello guitarists :)

southpaw63

Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:07 pm

Hiya, my name is Jason. I just turned 24, and I am trying to teach myself to play the guitar. It's something I have always wanted to do, so I finally got myself a left handed guitar, and I've just been kinda playing around with it. Should be fun :)

haoli25

Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:25 pm

Welcome Jason. You have came to the right place, Totally Guitars will help you get started with that "wrong-handed" guitar. :) Seriously, check out some of the FREE lessons on this site and be sure to watch a few of the TARGET previews too. That is where the real gold is. I hope you will consider joining the TARGET program. It is great for not only new guitar players, but players of all levels. You won't regret your decision to join. I am sure another Jason (MusicJunkie), also a "Southpaw", will be along soon to welcome you to the site too. Have fun and if you have any questions, just ask.

Bill Image

southpaw63

Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:46 pm

haha thank you. I will look around and see what I find. And I will definitely consider the Target program. Any help would be appreciated. For now, though, I am looking at one or two specific songs to try and learn. If my fingers can take it, that is lol

BobR

Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:55 pm

Hi Jason,

Welcome to TG, the best site to learn guitar. As Bill said the Target program is great place to learn. Hope to see you around the forum.

Bob

Music Junkie

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:14 pm

Hey Jason:

Great name....... :P :P :P :P

Don't let Bill scare you, We are playing the correct way, the rest of the world is backwards.... B)

One thing for sure though is to think seriously about joining the Target Program. I know you have two specific songs (FF songs right) that you want to learn. Many of the lessons in the Target program can get you there. I am still horrible in my opinion, but I am so much better since joining Target and puting the tools to use. Including basic fingerings, and also learning to transcribe tunes for myself. Relying on the TAB sites can be a bit disappointing after a while.

At any rate, glad you found us, and I look forward to seeing you around the forum more these days. Make sure to look the groups over too. Lots of good info there as well.

Cheers,

Jason

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic