Hello from Matthews, NC

leojwolf

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:55 am

Hello TG. Name is Leo. Just a guitar pup...playing about 2 1/2 years. Picked it up pretty well, actually began playing rythym in a little local band after only 4 months. Band is called the Carolina In-Laws and we play an eclectic mix of music....
mostly folk, light rock and some originals by our band leader. Check us out on Facebook under that same name...

Anyway, I've been like a sponge since I started, trying to keep taking my skills to new levels which is how I came across some of Neil's lessons on Youtube. Really like the way he presents his instruction and the website seems to be full of really good stuff so figured I'd join in the fun.

Looking forward to connecting with the TG community moving forward and by all means, don't hesitate to offer comments, suggestions, guitar tips, tricks, etc...... :)

Lavallee

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:06 pm

Hi Leo, welcome to TG from Montreal Canada, glad you found the site. There is a lot of stuff to learn on the site. The Target program where Neil gives the lessons, not just shows to play certain songs but the most important part is to learn different techniques which will be helpful when playing other songs. It will be really interesting to hear about your experience as a band player.

Marc

haoli25

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:13 pm

Welcome Leo. Glad you decided to join us here at TG. You're right, Neil's lessons are the best and you will also find a very supportive group of musicians here to help you get to that 'next level'. If you need any help, just ask. Check out the FREE lessons, the user groups, and vote on a song or two under RECOMMEND A LESSON. Be sure to check out some of the TARGET previews too, that should be enough to convince you to join the TARGET program. The best money you will ever spend.

Bill Image

BigBear

Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:36 pm

Hey Leo!! Welcome to the forum! That's awesome playing in a band in four months! You must be a very fast learner!

Listen to Bill (haoli25)! He's totally correct about the TARGET program. Plus, you will learn some great songs, and how to play them, to use with your band! Your bandmates will think you are an all-star!

Good luck on your musical journey! And Happy Playin' :cheer:

leojwolf

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:04 pm

Thanks for reaching out Marc. Looking forward to exploring more of TG site in the future.

As far as the band, like I said you can check us out on Facebook under The Carolina InLaws or visit our website at that same name. Neither one is really well developed yet but there are some pictures....I'm the big guy with the Takamine.... Hopefully we're going to record some stuff soon and place it on the website.

Thanks again and keep strumming...

Leo

leojwolf

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:07 pm

Thanks for reaching out. I'll definitely be looking into the Target member option in the near future. Thanks for the encouraging words and keep strummin'

Leo

leojwolf

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:10 pm

Thanks for the encouraging words. Yes, I did kind of pick it up quickly, at least the basic stuff, i.e. strumming chords, etc... Good thing is I have friends who are very accomplished so I can "hide" up there on stage....hehe

Anyway, thanks again for reaching out and I'll definitely look into the Target deal.

Leo

Chasplaya

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:54 pm

Hi Leo welcome to TG, this is certainly the place to be if you wish to improve your chops man. Just checked Facebook looks like a pretty professional outfit yu guys have. WOuld be good to hear you.

Reiterate what Bill and Bear say TARGET is where the best is, you won't regret the investment, and you won't be hiding behind the other guys in the band anymore.

Chas

TGMatt

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:35 pm

welcome to TG ...

sws626

Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:53 am

Hi Leo,

Welcome to TG. I checked out your facebook page and found a video of your band playing Eagles' Tequila Sunrise. Sounded very good.

That's a great experience to be playing in a band. Look forward to getting to know you here.

-Stuart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic