hi from the south coast of england

johnweasel

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:00 pm

hi people
just signed up to this site and it feels good already.. I have played for a number of years and gone down the self taught route. this works ok to a certain level but there comes a time when input from them as knows what they are doing seems like a good idea. I have played solo, as half of a duo and as a fifth of a five piece. Now back to solo. Mainly I'm a folky with a leaning toward folk rock, tend towards the finger picky thing and am the worst flat picker in the world. I can though beat up a hell of a rythem storm on a twelve string. All in all, I love my music and any way that i can improve has got to be good news for me not to mention the people who get to listen to me. I mplay a Gibson J40 yeh, I know, poor relation of the J45 but it feels amazing to my hands and it produces exactly the sound that I have spent a lot of years looking for, and a washburn 12 string that again sounds and feels dead right.

Johnweasel (or just plain John if you prefer)

tovo

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:53 pm

Hi John from Australia. Nice intro. You will fit in well here, plenty of support and good tunes to be learned. Sounds like you probably have some good experience to share with newer players so hope you will jump right in.

Cheers.

BigBear

Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:17 pm

Hi John! Welcome to TG from Oregon. When you say you are from the South Coast of England do you mean Plymouth, Portsmouth, Brighton or more east by Dover? I've spent some time along the coast and I loved it!

I got a good laugh at your self-deprecating humor! You'll fit right in here with the rest of us.

After you get acclimated here take a good look at the TARGET program; simply the best investment I've ever made in guitar education. Great songs, lessons and perks. Plus, it's cheap!

I hope you enjoy your musical journey here and happy playin'

Cheers! :cheer:

johnweasel

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:00 pm

hi John
thanks a lot, never made it to Austrailia yet, one day maybe if old age and the grim reaper don't get to me first. Worked with an Aussie once, never drunk so much beer or had so many laughs before or since the man was a total lunatic. Great bloke. Only downside, he couldn't play guitar to save his life. Ho Hum I suppose every day has a small cloud in it somewhere!!

tovo

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:05 pm

johnweasel wrote:
hi John
Worked with an Aussie once, never drunk so much beer or had so many laughs before or since the man was a total lunatic. Great bloke. Only downside, he couldn't play guitar to save his life.
Might have been me mate! I've got the beer, total lunatic and bad playing down, working on the great bloke bit.

Hey, I'm Tony...you're John. I'm easily confused.

johnweasel

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:13 pm

Hey Bigbear
Appreciate the reply. Never been to your neck of the woods, though have spent some time in Knoxville East Tenn. I have good friends there, both muscians that I have played with several times. Duffy's bar in Gatlinburg and a couple of restaurants in Knoxville. Nearly got to play at Dollywood Steve screwed up the dates and when I should have been on stage I was halfway across the Atlantic at 37000 ft. By the way, I owe you an apology!! I ate one of your cousins in Gatlinburg. At least, I was told it was a bear burger May have been a sample of that good old Southern humour, either way, damn good eating

till the next time John

johnweasel

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:37 pm

Hi Tony.

That better? Glad to see confusion not limited to the Northern Hemisphere. could have been if you were in Ediborough in about 1975. and also if you have a scar on your foot caused by falling through a glass door at the Learmonth Hotel due to a small balence problem achieved by drinking half pint glasses of Drambuie because the folk session we were at had run out of beer.
Happy days.....

BobR

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:21 pm

Hi John,

Welcome to TG. Nice introduction and I see you're already fitting in here.

Have fun and see you on the forum.

Bob

haoli25

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:54 pm

A beer drinker and a guitar player is a great combination in my book, John. Welcome to TG, glad you decided to join us. If you need any help finding your way around, just ask and we will point you in the right direction. Be sure to check out the free lessons, vote on a song or two at the 'Recommend A Lesson', and be sure to check out the User Groups. There are a lot of great musicians here, and as you will find, they are even better people. Pull up a chair and start playing.

Bill Image

Chasplaya

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:32 am

G'Day just plain John... from Chas in New Zealand although I'm originally from north of the Border from Carnoustie near Dundee. A beer/Drambuie drinking guitarist should fit real well here mate. Sounds like you may have some good tales to tell about playing exploits. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic