HowDe

littlegrohl

Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:34 am

Hi.. Im Chels, Australian.. not very good at introductions like this, but am hoping I will get to know a few of you and hopefully pick some brains far superior then my own!
hmm

LIKES ~ sound, visuals, spontaneity, chickens!
LOVES ~ Beer & Sex & Chips and gravy... (oh and my children)
HATES ~ppl who tlk lke ths AnD tHiS!!!!!

I Sing... from the guts.. and I am challenging myself to play the Guitar while I sing (from the guts) My father is an absolute magician at any instrument he picks up.. (self taught) I am from one of his lesser seeds, and while would love to ROCK the Guitar, only quietly strum.. love a challenge though me!

and so.....

He that question would anew
What fair Eden was of old,
Let him rightly study you,
And a brief of that behold.
Welcome, welcome, then... (WB)

x

I love LOVE Janis Joplin... Mary Black... Sandy Denny... Dolores O'Riordan
I love LOVE Howlin Wolf.. Bo diddly.. Lead Belly... James Taylor.. Eric Clapton..

I AM IN love with Dave Grohl

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Live Music, and impromptu Jams!

michelew

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:04 am

Hi Chels from chilly Sydney. (It feels like it's going to snow this evening).

Are you an Adelaide girl? Or is that just where your Dad's pub is? I'd love to visit it if I'm ever passing through.

There are quite a few Aussie here at TG now, so you should feel right at home. And the rest of the TG community are a friendly helpful mob so don't be afraid to ask anything that you'd like to know. I've sure asked my fair share of crazy, bizarre, "stupid" (of course there's no such thing) questions.

I look forward to seeing you strumming. Stick around and you'd be able to WOW your Dad in no time.

Michele

tovo

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:07 am

Hi Chels. I like chickens and love sex and gravy (not all at the same time) so we already have something in common. That and I'm Australian as well but the chickens, sex and gravy is probably more important. Not so keen on beer but 3 out of 4 is good.

Hope you enjoy it here and move closer to your goals. It's a good community of people who are happy to help if you ask.

The Wheatsheaf Hotel. (saw it in your photos) I reckon I might have been in it. (I'm from Port Adelaide)

Welcome aboard.

michelew

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:12 am

Tony, Chas has the street address in the photo comments.

littlegrohl

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:15 am

Thanks Michelle.. Im from SA, and Its bleedin Chilly here too!!!
Having a look around this place and im pretty excited, dontcha just love the Interweb (:p)
I run the pub with the folks, I sing alongside my Dad who's a bit of a Folkie.. been bought up around Festivals and muso's, I have carried myself Thus far with 3 chords, and Like my father am a bit stubborn and truly want to learn the guitar myself, but am not silly so i do pick his brains, problem is, its like the whole teaching your kid to drive theory.. its easier with others kids!!! Dad is a great teacher, i am a poor student!
Im frustrated as a FEEEEL the music just can't get it out my fingers (YET) Singing is my thang though, not the best at that, (think 40 fags and a bottle of Jack... then add some feedback and you have me! HAR!) Thing is, music is where im happy, wether it be listening or playing... I actually think people have forgotten how to listen to music, so look forward to connecting with some like minded people! Cheers again!

tovo

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:17 am

michelew wrote:
Tony, Chas has the street address in the photo comments.
Ah yes, why wouldn't a Scottish Kiwi post the address of a pub in South Australia!

littlegrohl

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:29 am

OMG CLASSIC!~ HAR! Its an Irish pub so of course he would know!!!! ;p

Your right Tony... Chickens, Sex and chips&gravy could get messy!!!
We have a 3 day Celtic music festival comin up in August.. and have plans for blues and freeform in the works.. should pop down, not that far from PA!! (Go Centrals)

tovo

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:35 am

littlegrohl wrote:
(Go Centrals)
Hey there's no need to swear at me girl! ;)

I love Irish music, big fan of the Pogues and the Fureys. I may just come check it out, not far at all.

Anyway, there are actually a few Yanks on this US based site believe it or not, and a number of cool people in Europe, so I hope they say hi as well.

michelew

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:39 am

They have this habit of sleeping when we're running amok. Although I do believe they're beginning to stir.

Music Junkie

Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:52 am

Hey Chels!

Welcome from southern California (Ventura to be exact). Glad you found us here and this site should get you well on your way to letting the feeling of the music flow to your fingers....lol

Ckickens, Sex and Gravy......hmmmmmmm I like chicken, sex is grand, and gravy goes with just about everything...... :P

BEER is the nectar of paradise....... B)

Again, welcome and feel free to ask any questions, as there are many folks here who love to help out.

Be sure to check out the group section as well. Lots of cool stuff their to. Even create your own and have some fun!

Cheers!

Jason

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic