Hello All

shurmo24

Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:40 pm

I'm "shurmo24", Bill from Columbus Ohio. I took lessons growing up and have got back into playing a couple years ago. I came across Neil on Youtube and decided to join. We are lucky to have his knowledge and website to improve our skills. I wish we had these tools (internet & youtube) back when I was learning. Times have changed! I'm in my 40's and my guitars have sat under my bed for years. It's been fun playing again and have accomplished more than I thought of so far. Neil does make it look so easy. I enjoy playing music from what I grew up with (now classic rock). I had played a couple years in the highschool jazz band and enjoyed learning jazz but haven't played that since then.

I posted my first student video "Black Water". I haven't fingerpicked and am learning since joining this website. I have a ways to go in this area but like the challenge. I really like to improve my understanding of scales and solo work too.

TGMatt

Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:43 pm

Welcome to the "G"

beaker

Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:58 pm

hey Shurmo,
yeah man! picking up the guitar after years lay off. Sounds like a familiar story. I saw your vid of Black Water. Nice job! It is coming along well, especially if this is one of your 1st fingerpicking songs! I am sure you will find that you will improve beyond what you imagined. This site rules! I gotta get that Black Water song down as well. I have been singing it while hiking with my girlfriend, she would laugh if I did not tell her I was learning it, then just busted it out! Good luck with your playing!

Beaker
North Vancouver BC

tovo

Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:41 pm

Hi Shurmo from Adelaide in South Australia. Saw your video and thought it was a really good job. Thanks for the intro, you are in good company here, many, many members are taking up their 6 string again after a long break. Enjoy the lessons and the forum and hope to see more of you. Cheers.

ceaser67

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:05 pm

hi shumro tommy here from scotland welcome to TG,as the others said familiar story with a lot of people here,enjoy youre time here.

BobR

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:31 pm

Hi Shurmo,
Nice introduction. I am sure you'll really enjoy your time here. It is a real great place to be and everyone's always ready to help. Nice first video also.

Bob
from MA.

Chasplaya

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:24 pm

Hi Bill welcome to TG, from Chas a Scot in New Zealand, you have a similar story to many of the guys nd gals on this site. Haven't checked out your vid yet but will do so when I get home (work don't permit access to videos :(

Anyways welcome again and trust you will become a regular visitor to the Forum, you can learn almost as much here as in the lessons.

Chas

Lavallee

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:43 am

Hi Bill, welcome from Montreal, Canada, your interests have a lot of similarities with the rest of the comunity, so I am sure you will enjoy TG. Great place to learn both theory and new songs from the past.

Marc

juanlla

Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:29 am

Hy Summo, from Buenos Aires (Argentina). You seem to describe my situation aswell, Nice Intro.
Juan

willem

Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:44 am

Hello,welcome from the Netherlands (yes they are here to),,end of summer,fall is coming here,,but on this site it is nice and warm,,lots of stuff ,,not yet Jazz(well a litlle)here,,i think Jazz is the difficults music there is,here in the Netherlands we have every year ''the North sea jazz festival'' and on stage very big people,,this year we had James Taylor (well,i heard),,wish you a very good time here..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic