FNG in Thailand...

nicdav100

Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:01 am

I just found this site today and am getting use to what is available for free. I've only been playing guitar for about two months and am trying to figure out where to start. I am learning on line currently but am looking for some beginner songs as well as help with Chord changes and strumming. Can you please point me in the right direction for this. I would like to stay on the free side of this for a while until I understand the site better and what I get for my money.
So far I'm pleased with the site but admit that even the elementary songs like "horse with no name" I have to go over a couple of times to understand the strumming and changes.
Anyway, thanks for the site and the input.

David :silly: :silly:

jim56

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:01 am

Saw wa dee Kup David and welcome to TG. You can enjoy the free lessons in the Master Menu - Free Lessons link. There you will find what you are looking for. See below for a sample. For a great learning experience you need to check out(join)the TARGET program! If you have other queations please ask us here on the forum. Welcome aboard. Jim

12-Bar Blues - Rhythm Track - Apr 11, 09
12-Bar Blues - Scale Overview - Apr 11, 09
Basic Chords for Beginners - May 15, 09
Guitar Lesson- Strumming Lesson 1
Quick Tip- Chord Exercise #1
Quick Tip- Fingerpicking: Right Hand Position
Quick Tip- Left Hand Finger Positioning - May 8, 09
Quick Tip- Strumming With a Pick - Mar 27, 09

neverfoundthetime

Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:18 am

Hi David. Probably everyone who has joined TARGET, the paying part of the site, took your approach. Makes sense. I've got the stop watch running for you just to see how long it takes for you to realise that joining TARGET is the best possible thing any serious beginner could do.... in spite of all the wonderful treats the freebees on offer. TARGET is simply kick-ass!

sbutler

Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:42 pm

Welcome David.

I too am fairly new to this wonderful instrument we call a guitar. I knew a few basic chords and was trying the do-it-yourself approach, with questionable success until I found TG.

I just passed my 6 month anniversary as a Target member, and am now working on level 7 & 8 songs. Albeit slowly, I have progressed enough to take on what I consider huge challenges. And it is simply because of the way the Neil connects with his students. All the info one needs, he provides. Its up to us to do the work, which is really not work at all. More like addictive fun.

I am 100% convinced that the sky is the limit for me, being a target member. And my biggest regret so far is that I didn't find this site sooner.

Scott

willem

Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:43 pm

David,,welcome from the Netherlands,,summer almost over and fall is coming,brrr,,but here i stay warm,,this is such a great site,,great free stuff,,but realise when you joined the pay part(TARGET)there you get a lot more,,detailed explanings
(play through/preview/theory/lefthand/righthand/breakdown/play along/etc)and the teacher has the teaching blood,,he loves it,,we have also forums apart of the free forums,,but see what you do,,here you can everytime you want look at the lesson when you forgot something,,really its all of the money worth, and for you its a goldmine and you have not to dig for it only pusch buttons and ofcause your strings,,

tovo

Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi David from Australia.

If you go to the Master Menu and look down the left hand side you will find a category called Free Guitar Tips & Techniques. That will help you with basic chord changes etc.

You are wise to check out value for money, after all it's your hard-earned cash, but my advice is that there is a lifetime of material in the Target program and for around 20 bucks a month, if you really want to learn guitar, it's the best money you will ever spend. If you compare to the cost of paying an instructor it's awesome value, and Neil is there 24/7 to provide help. No, I don't work for TG!

Good luck with your playing.

Lavallee

Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:50 pm

Hi David, Welcome to TG from Montreal Canada. Here is a link to the masters list of free songs. To the right of the songs you will a bullit with a number. 1's are the easiest, 9's are the toughest. You might want first to have a look at the pages Jim pointed out.(you can also get there by clicking the green Master menu (top left of this page and select the blue button free lessons, then scroll down)

Marc

http://www.totallyguitars.com/master-me ... ee-lessons

ceaser67

Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:00 pm

Hi David.
Welcome from Scotland,sorry i cant give anymore advice the others have said it all,it really is a great site for learning the guitar,a big added bonus is that there are some really good people here on this site that take timeout to help you in any way they can,
See you soon on the TARGET programe lol
Tommy

nicdav100

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:00 pm

Well thank you to everyone who responded to my post... I look forward to doing exactly what you all recommend. I will try it for a while and try to play along, get some tips and techniques, and basically just hang around and have some fun. Thanks again everyone :silly:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic