hey from NC

vecterspecter

Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:58 am

Hello everyone!

I am glad I found this site. I have played guitar off and on for a few years, but full time job and student always gets in the way. I am graduating soon so that will give me more practice time. I am 27 and I love all music. If I like a song I usually will try to play it. I have an electric, acoustic, and decided to pick up bass too. I would like to move past the basic chords, A,D,E...etc. and and learn more techniques and theory. I play for personal enjoyment and just want to get better.

Vecterspecter

AcousticAl

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:27 am

"Roger, Roger... What's your vector Victor?"
I loved that line from Airplane!

Welcome Vecter! You'll be way past those basic chords before you know it.

See you around!

jayswett

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:31 am

Welcome to the site from New England. I spent four wonderful years the the Durham/Chapel Hill area and loved it. Reading your post brought back some fond memories. Good luck on your guitar journey.

haoli25

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:58 am

Hello, Vecter. Welcome to TG, glad you decided to join us. Take your time and browse around the site. Read some comments, try some of the free lessons, and add or vote on some songs under the 'Recommend A Lesson' tab. I hope when you are ready, you will make the move into the TARGET program. You won't regret it. Unlike some other sites that teach a few songs and offer a few tabs, you will actually learn guitar techniques and will have a chance to improve and hone those new skills. With your time, patience, and practice, you can be as good as you want to be. Totally Guitars is the REAL DEAL, welcome aboard.

Bill Image

BobR

Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:37 am

Hi Vector,

Just wanted to welcome you aboard. You will definitely get passed those basic chords here. Have fun!

Bob

vecterspecter

Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:54 pm

Thanks everyone! I am hoping to learn a lot from the site. I love the movie Airplane too!

tovo

Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:10 pm

Hey Vecter welcome aboard. You sure have all the resources and support needed in this site to get better. Enjoy!

"Airplane" eh? That movie was called "Flying High" in Australia. Bit of useless info for you on a Saturday morning.

Yamaha48

Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Hello Vecterspecter.

A warm welcome here,by the TG famely.
Good to hear from you here.
I whise you al the best here.
I starting when i whas 47 years.

Greetz from the Netherlands.. Anton

ceaser67

Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi vecter,
Welcome to TG.this time next month those basic chords will feel a lifetime away.
Enjoy youre time here.
Tommy (scotland)

Chasplaya

Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Hi vector, Welcome to TG, it surely won't be long before you pick up a 'few' more chords. (Don't call me Shirley )

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic