Introducing myself

martinibates

Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:53 am

Having posted an 'ask Neil' - Practice and frustrations, it was suggested I should introduce myself. So I will:

I live in Surrey in the UK. Started playing about 15 years ago when I went to buy a guitar for my young son and thought, hell I've always wanted to play. So I bought one for myself as well. I have always said I play to amuse myself and annoy the rest of the family. However as my two sons have fled the nest (hopefully) I am only annoying my wife (not such a good idea, although she has started the piano). Anyway finding Neil's site is about the best thing I have done for my playing.

The site has also reminded me of some of the music I used to listen to e.g. Crosby Stills, America etc. It has also introduced me to some new stuff (for me at least) such as Jackson Browne. Like alot of people at the moment I am listening to Munford and sons. Oh and if anyone is interested in blues rock I suggest trying out 'Back door slam' and Oli Brown.

So thanks to those that have replied to my question - I guess it is basically down to practice and more practice.

Martin

willem

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:30 am

martinibates wrote:
practice and more practice.

Martin[/quote]

And don't forget your forgotten line!!!!slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

You introduce looks very familair to a lot of our members,,looking forward to your first video upload,,,mmmmmmmmm,guitar and piano...be well..

Music Junkie

Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:22 pm

Martin:

Welcome to the club! Glad you found us here, and that you are enjoying yourself. Jackson Browne is very high up on my list of artists, so if you are enjoying him, we have that in common for starters. Make sure you check out some of the groups, if you have not already. Lots of good info to be had there as well.

Thanks for the intro, and I look forward to hearing more from you..... :) :)

Jason

tovo

Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:57 pm

Hello Martin from Australia. Glad to reads your introduction. Bear gave such a thorough response to your question that there wasn't much left to say! It was all spot on advice. There's much to learn of course and plenty of people willing to help you. Be well and enjoy.

thereshopeyet

Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:36 pm

Thanks

RicksPick

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:47 pm

Hi Martin

Welcome from cold Lincolnshire
Have fun, practice often
and dont be a stranger

RicksPick

BobR

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:41 pm

Hi Martin,

Just wanted to welcome you from New England (Massachusetts). You've definitely come to the best guitar site around.

Enjoy and Practice of Course :laugh:
Bob

Chasplaya

Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:12 pm

HI Martin, Welcome to TG from Chas in NZ formerly Scotland.

Already posted in your other thread. Great though to see another founding member come out of the woodwork. Sounds like an all too familiar story of how you got into guitar.

Lots to learn here as I'm sure you have discovered, but now you have tested the waters in the Forum don't be a stranger lots of good stuff crops up here from time to time.

regards

Chas

martinibates

Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:57 am

Thanks to everyone for the welcome. I will make sure to keep dropping in.

ffsooo3

Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:51 pm

Hi Martin.
Welcome. A lot of good things happening here. The lessons are first rate, and Neil is a gifted teacher. I think you will find this community very supportive, and a good place to hang out musically. Have fun, and good luck.

Wally

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic