Another introduction..

dougyoung

Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:11 am

Hi Willem,

Dank voor je welkom en goed je hier te ontmoeten! En je hebt gelijk, ik moet gewoon instappen en een beetje volgen wat er tegenwoordig gaande is, ik zal zeker de video's eens bekijken, das natuurlijk heel leuk!

Nou we zullen elkaar gauw genoeg lezen, ik ga rennen, straks lekker uit eten in Amsterdam (daar kom ik oorspronkelijk vandaan, woon nu sinds drie en een half jaar in Zaandam.)!

Hartelijke groetjes,

Vanessa

(I'm sorry everybody, this will be the first and last message in dutch! ;) )

willem

Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:15 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Hi Willem,

Dank voor je welkom en goed je hier te ontmoeten! En je hebt gelijk, ik moet gewoon instappen en een beetje volgen wat er tegenwoordig gaande is, ik zal zeker de video's eens bekijken, das natuurlijk heel leuk!

Nou we zullen elkaar gauw genoeg lezen, ik ga rennen, straks lekker uit eten in Amsterdam (daar kom ik oorspronkelijk vandaan, woon nu sinds drie en een half jaar in Zaandam.)!

Hartelijke groetjes,

Vanessa

(I'm sorry everybody, this will be the first and last message in dutch! ;) )

Have a nice eveniing and dinner,,Zaandam is the place to be,,sometimes i drive thru it.

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:38 pm

willem wrote:

Vanessa is that your phone number behind your nick name[/b]

Willem,,Netherlands,, Zwolle
I'm guessing here but I think its a Birthday date. Just a suggestion but if you are replying to a particular person use the 'Quote ' function instead of 'Reply', then it shows up like above where I've quoted from Willem's post.

willem

Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:45 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
willem wrote:

Vanessa is that your phone number behind your nick name[/b]

I'm guessing here but I think its a Birthday date. Just a suggestion but if you are replying to a particular person use the 'Quote ' function instead of 'Reply', then it shows up like above where I've quoted from Willem's post.
@Chas,,and you said you aint good in math?

TGNeil

Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Yep, Chas guessed right, the numbers are my birthday! :cheer: willem wrote:
Hallo Vanessa,welkom dat staat toch bij iedere voordeur hier in Nederland,in iedergeval zie ik dat veel,,,Ik ben heel blij om hier weer een Nederlander to ontmoeten,dit is zo'n geweldige site,,de lessen,de forum,de student video's etc,,je zal je weg wel vinden en ik zou gewoon opstappen zo het nu is,als je al het verleden hier gaat napluizen ben je nog wel even zoet,,ik ben hier zo'n beetje vanaf het begin,,dus vraag gerust iets,,je engels is in iedergeval beter dan de mijne en het gitaar spelen ook wel denk ik,,ik ben pas 8 jaar geleden begonnen,dussssss...wat heel leuk is om eens na te pluizen zijn de ontmoetingen live en samenwerkingen in video's die leden al eens gehad en gedaan hebben,,hoop je veel tegen te komen in de forum en je video's ..

PS sorry guy's and gals,i at to do this in dutch,,not so many time on my hands and you can translate it,but the programs messed a lot up.. oh AND Vanessa is that your phone number behind your nick name

BobR

Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:27 pm

Hi Vanessa,

Just wanted to welcome you from Massachusetts.

Enjoy!!

Bob

cosmicmechanic

Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:57 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Haha, I have to admit, what does the first one G.A.S mean exactly? I mean I can translate it, but I'm sure there's a lot more behind that. I can guess about the last one, however tell me if you would!
Hi again,

The definitions of the terms in my post to you were in parentheses beside each term, let me be more clear:

I wrote:
Oh, I imagine you've encountered G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) since you've joined TG.
Now you are creating some G.E.S. (Gear Envy Syndrome).

Explanation:
"Gear" meaning "equipment", like guitars, amplifiers, picks made of gold(!).

"G.A.S" is the urge to add some new equipment to your collection, maybe breaking your piggy-bank.

I made up "G.E.S", to say I envy your collection of guitars, which are equipment, or "gear".

Hope this makes sense :)
Pierre

Craig

Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:34 pm

Hi there!

So you have a tanglewood as well? wich one?

ffsooo3

Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:38 pm

Ah thank you very much, now I got it!

I thought I did, but I wasn't to sure about it!

But you're right, the last 5 years I've been collecting more and more guitars, but also because it's my work. But then again, I still want more, haha, so yes G.A.S.! And I'm sorry about the G.E.S, I also know how that feels! ;)

Greetz'

Chasplaya

Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:46 pm

Hi Vanessa,
You wrote a wonderful introduction. Your picture with your sister truly shows how much joy there is in music and sharing it with others. There is a great community here to share your passion for guitar and music. Welcome and I hope you will share some of your playing by posting a video. Best wishes, and good luck.

Wally

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic