Introduction from Alan in Texas

AcousticAl

Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Hi from near Toronto, Alan.
I won't fault you for spelling your name wrong. :)

See you on the site!

Allan

jcrocket

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:08 am

Hi Allan,

I'm like you a Fresh Boarder and I've received such a warm welcome wich I'd like to pass on to you, welcome here at TG and have fun, wich I'm sure you will!

All the best,

Vanessa (also from the Netherlands)

TGMatt

Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:31 pm

Hi Pierre,
Probably more of a middle of the road fan of the Dead. I've met enough DeadHeads to know the difference. I don't have a hard drive full of live shows and I couldn't tell you the best live performance of Terrapin Station into Alabama Getaway. But I wish I had a nickel for every time I've listened to Europe '72 . I never saw a show, although I did see Phil play a set with Ryan Adams & the Cardinals and they dusted off a nice version of Wharf Rat. So I guess I know quite a bit of their catalog but it's a long way from being bona fide DeadHead.

Ripple intro gave me fits too. I played it differently for so long with an alternating bass that I had to relearn a few things to get down Neil's version. And picking out the melody in rhythm was a bit of a challenge. I'm still probably somewhere in between my version and Neil's which is probably fine since it still captures the vibe. Concentrating on a few fake taps to the body of the guitar and missed strums helped me get it down. Good luck with it. It's a great tune and worth adding to your list.

Best regards,
Alan

Chasplaya

Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:37 pm

Hi Alan,
Thanks for your insightful introduction. You have discovered some of the same great things as I have also about TG, an excellent teacher in Neil and his detailed way of presentation in the lessons, and a very supportive community of guitar enthusiasts. So I add my welcome from Seattle, WA. You will fit right in here. I had a few enjoyable years in Austin at UT. Good luck.

Wally

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic