Introducing Myself

boldent

Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:18 pm

Willem,

I’m trying to learn Mrs Robinson and The Weight. At this time I’m trying to memorize the intro to Mrs Robinson. Once I get it memorized I’ll work on my timing and strum patterns. I’m not sure if that’s the right way to go about it but, I am seeing a little result.

Chas from New Zealand,

I see what you mean on the template. I read some past post and it was my story over and over. It’s good to know I’m not alone. My hat goes off to Neil and all the folks that stuck with the guitar.

BigBear

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:30 pm

Tony- Big welcome from the Left Coast in Portland, Oregon! We're glad to have you with us. I love Atlanta, especially the Buckhead area with all those mansions. Is the Gold Club still there? lol!

As you can tell, this is a great place to re-learn the guitar after a long layoff. So don't be a stranger on the forum and let us know if we can ever help you with anything. All these people are more than willing to help wherever we can.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing!

Cheers! :cheer:

Lavallee

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:43 pm

Hi Tony, welcome from Montreal Canada. I am sure you will have a good time learning from Neil and sharing ideas in the forum. I am also working on Mrs Robinson, great song.

Marc

tovo

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:53 pm

Hello Tony in Atlanta from Tony in Australia.

Good to have you here with us, use all the resources including the knowledge of some pretty experienced members and you will be serenading your lady in no time flat.

Hope to see you around,

Cheers mate.

wammer

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:58 pm

Hey Tony

Welcome

Glad you found us ...Sooooooo many great folk here ur sure to fit in.

Tammy
Ontario, Canada

haoli25

Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:30 pm

Hello, Tony. I am glad that you decided to join us here. Tell your wife that any woman that would buy her husband a TARGET membership is alright in my book! Neil's lessons are the best and you will find a pretty good support team here in the Forum. If you need any help, or just have a question, ask.

Bill Image

boldent

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:35 am

Thanks everyone, I’m pumped up and ready to go….

Hey Marc, are you interested in starting a Mrs Robinson thread? That is, if there’s not already one.

Thanks,

Tony B.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:55 am

Welcome Tony B in Georgia from Chris in iSwitzerland . Same story here... say Neil doing Story in Your Eyes on the tube and got here as fast as I could. No wife to pay the membership though ;-). YOu should go for a collaboration on Mrs. Robinson if that's what you meant on starting a thread. As who else wants to join you and away you go! It would be a great song for a collab. You can sign me up for some strumming and vocals .... and maybe Mrs. Robinson will join us...?

NKenny

Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:34 pm

Welcome Tony, your wife has given you a wonderful present I'm sure you will enjoy. TG is the best guitar learning site, you will not find a more knowledgeable teacher than Neil. I have been here since the beginning and enjoy it every day. You will learn many things and meet a great bunch of people on the forum. Neil,Matt and all who work on TG make it the best.

Kenny

boldent

Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:13 am

Chris, I'll take that Mrs Robinson collaboration offer. But first, I have a lot of practicing to do. When I get something worthy I'll hollar back at you. At this time you can't tell if its Mr or Mrs Robinson I'm trying to play.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic