Introducing Myself

boldent

Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:28 am

Hello Totally Guitarist:

I’m Tony Bolden from a small town just outside of Atlanta Georgia. I’m married with (3) grown kids who no longer need me in their everyday life. Yeaaa, I now have some free time…

While trying to pickup some guitar licks off of YouTube I ran across one of Neil’s video’s and quickly visited totally guitars. What really got my attention was Neil focused more on the acoustic than on the electric guitar. Nothing against the electric, I just like the acoustic sound. I grew up with most of these songs so I knew I was hooked. As a birthday present my wife signed me up. Me lady is good to me!!!

I picked up the guitar when I was around 15 years old and like so many folks, life got in the way and I had to put it down. I’m now at a point that I can pick it back up again. I’ve been trying to learn Mrs Robinson and The Weight from Neil’s videos. The intro into Mrs Robinson is a tuffy but I’m determent to get it. Practice, practice and more practice and if that doesn’t work I’ll practice some more, hehehe.

I’m looking forward to learning and becoming a better guitarist with and through you folks. Thanks for taking the time to read my post, hopefully I’ll see you soon on youtube.

Tony B.

schm040

Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:32 am

Hi Tony!

A big welcome to you! And tell your wife she's the best! :P

Like you I also bumped into one of Neil's videos and I was hooked very quickly as well, hope you will enjoy everything as much as I do, but I'm sure you will!

Looking forward to watch your first video-post!

All the best,

Vanessa

wiley

Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:46 am

Welcome to TG Tony from NC Texas.

You pretty much have the same story as a lot of us here. Picked up my first axe when I was 11, put it down, picked it up, put it down, picked it up. Sold everything and then bought some stuff, over and over.

A while back, around a year or more, we took the Granddaughter (eldest of 3) and recorded a Christmas thing with her. Peeked my interest again so, having one 'Collector" guitar left (Gibson Starburst Standard) I started pretty much all over again. TG, Neil, MattW, MattyB, Hector, and all the rest here not only put up some of the best lessons around, but the support staff is beyond great. The site, if you don't know, is being re-vamped at the moment, so a few glitches here and there.

You'll also be amazed at the Community here, more Family like than anywhere else. Helpful is an understatement.

So, enjoy!

Beware the dreaded GAS (Guitar Acquirement Syndrome) that seems to hit all of us here. I now have a Seagull S6+CWFolk GT, an Ibanez AEG10NE, a Mandolin, a Ukulele, and a AG30 UltraSound Amp along with stands, wall hangars, cords, headphones, patch cords, a Micro BR, and am seriously considering a G&L ASAT tribute semi-hollow I found, brand new, for $300 off. Then there be a need for another amp, probably a tube.......

eagle670

Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:48 am

Welcome Tony! If you haven't figured it out yet, you are in good company here. Most folks here have similar stories and found this site the same way you did. You are going to love this place. Lot's of good people here and lot's of expertise, so if you have questions feel free to ask.

Happy Playing!
Kevin

willem

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:04 am

Tony,,welcome from the Netherlands,,fall is here but the site is warm,,,i was also bumped to Neil and the acoustic,,that is with everybody here and thank your lady man,,but see is exspecting something from you,,leraning songs i mean,,this is the place to be,,and if i at a sticker i clue it on my bumper to let the world know where they can find my and keep me from the street..having the time of your life .....where you working on???

BobR

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:30 am

Tony,

You'll be glad you found TG. The best guitar site on the web. Everyone is so friendly and helpful and there's so much content you'll never stop playing. :laugh:

See you around,

Bob
from MA.

boldent

Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:28 pm

Vanessa,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I feel like I’m at a small town store where everybody meets to talk about whatever is on there mind. I miss those days.

Tony from Texas,

You hit the nail on the head. My mind has been telling my fingers it needs another guitar, one for standard and one for alternate tuning.  I was even at the guitar shop starring at the one I wanted. I told myself better learn to play the one you got before you get another one. But, I don’t know how long I can hold out….

Kevin,

I’m already feeling the comradely from everyone. I’m looking forward to getting to know all the good folks here.

Willem,

Haha, you are right. She already wants me to play her a song. But its way to soon. If I play one now she may want her money back, hehe.

I’m not sure if you posted this question for me….”where you working on???”

BobR,

Neil has sooo many songs posted and I want to learn’em all. I’ve got a venture ahead of me.

willem

Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:37 pm

yes FOR YOU,,THE SONG'S OR SONG YOU PRACTICE RIGHT NOW..

Chasplaya

Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:43 pm

G'Day From Chas in New Zealand mate,

Your story is so similar I'm, contemplating suggesting they put up a template and we just fill in our names in the blanks lol. Awesome prezzie from your missus mate, support like that is worth bottling (NZ and Aussie saying).

Look forward to your continuing contribution on your progress with the Weight and Mrs Robinson.

Chas the Scot in NZ

Craig

Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:00 pm

Welcome Tony,
You will love the site. A great place to learn surrounded by a lot of wonderful people.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic