Hi everyone

hsand23

Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:22 pm

My name is Harold. I'm 60 years old. I live at the Jersey Shore. I taught myself to play guitar when I was fifteen (after learning music at school). Back then we all played in bands. Mine wasn't great, but we had a ball playing together. I still love the old hits from the 60's and 70's. I retired recently and decided to pick up the guitar again after a 30 year hiatus - boy was I rusty, but I'm getting better. Right now I play an old (circa 1967) Guild Starfire hollow body electric that I picked up years ago. It's a classic.
I joined this site because I want learn guitar technique and advance my level of playing. Like the site alot and plan to stick with it.

TGMatt

Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:45 pm

Hi Harold!

A very big and warm welcome to you from the Netherlands!

What can I say, you've found the right place, feel free to ask anything you want, lots of us over here are willing to help or whatsoever!

Enjoy the site and I wish you lots of happy guitarplaying!

Greetz'

Vanessa

Chasplaya

Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:50 pm

Hi Harold,

Welcome to TG, good decision mate, this has got to be the best place to achieve what you want with guitar. As Vanessa has already said loads of people here to help you out with whatever and more lol. Similar background to most of us here , similar age bracket (at least with neverfoundthetime aka Chris). We have a lot of fun in this community as well as learn heaps, as you will find out from the barrage of welcomes sure to come your way shortly.

Chas (A Scot in new Zealand)

tovo

Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:12 pm

Welcome aboard Harold. Enjoy the learning experience and hope to see you participate in the forum. You will find plenty of good people willing to help you out, just ask.

Cheers

Tony (Not a Scot and not in New Zealand eh bro)

BobR

Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:01 pm

Harold,

Welcome from Massachusetts. Your story is like a lot here so you're in good company. Enjoy all the site has to offer.

Bob

Lavallee

Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:25 pm

Nice to meet you Harold. I am from Montreal Canada and I often drive in your area. As you get acquainted with the site and the forum you will get adddicted to play guitar and improve your technique, as people live for the instrument.

Glad you joined

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic