adding to the ranks of Australians

jimbo58

Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi.
I am 59 years young (well! sort of) and have been playing for 5 years. I seen the country blues series and had to join up. At my age playing the guitar is all about fun (country blues sure does look like fun) but at my age learning seems to take a long time, but hey, as long as it is enjoyable.

I live in Sydney Australia and with the wonders of the internet I am looking forward to making the most of this great site.

Jimbo

sbutler

Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:38 pm

You know what Jimbo, you are about to be bombarded with friends. Get ready.

And oh yeah, you'll be learning a thing or two on that guitar as well.

Welcome aboard.

Scott in Alaska

BobR

Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:25 pm

Welcome Jimbo,

Gotta pay your dues if you wanna play the blues :laugh: :laugh: I see you're a founding TG member so you already know how great this place is.

See you around,

Bob

Lavallee

Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi Jimbo, welcome to TG from Montreal Canada. You sure took an excellent decision to join. You will have a good time on the site . Plenty of slow learner here , led by myself. But as you said, it is all about fun.

Marc

AcousticAl

Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:02 am

Welcome aboard Jimbo!

Looking forward to your contributions!

Al (from near Toronto, Canada)

haoli25

Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:28 am

Welcome Jimbo. Glad you decided to join us here at TG. I have to agree with you, the new Country Blues lessons are great. You are also right, it's all about having fun. If you need any help, just ask. Your questions, tips, and opinions are always welcome here.

Bill Image

quartjester

Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi Jimbo,

A warm (uh...pretty cold...it's freezing here :X ) welcome from the Netherlands!

Glad that you've joined us, I'm sure you will have lots of fun over here, wich is like you said the most important thing!

Wish you happy guitarplaying!

Greetz'

Vanessa

coomba

Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:10 pm

G'day Jimbo
Welcome to the forum , If we don't win the Ashes you''ll have plenty of inspiration for playing the blues.
Cheers
Scott
3.5 hrs north of you

Chasplaya

Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:11 pm

G'Day Jimbo,

Welcome to TG, although as a founding member I guess you've been here a little while now anyway. Don't worry about age you are in the general bracket of most members, even Chris aka Neverfoundthetime, (he'll get me back for that don't worry).

The new section looks good and will keep yu occupied for quite some time so enjoy yourself.

And don't be a stranger to the Forum, lots to learn here also and a few laughs.

regards

Chas (A Scot not a Kiwi in New Zealand)

neverfoundthetime

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:23 pm

Welcome Jimbo! All Aussies welcome on the forums... they tend to have good ideas.
As Chas (the honoured, fellow founder member and oldest ever recorded kilt wearing Kiwi) mentioned you are just about of average age so no worries! My learning moves at a glacial pace sometimes so join the club. Have fun on the forums!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic